Chapter 3

"He was my boyfriend, I loved him, and then he left me."

"Alright, when did you first meet Elijah."

"I had been kidnapped by two vampires, Rose and Trevor, they were planning on using me to buy their freedom. All day they kept telling me little bits of information about him and his family. Then he came to the old mansion we were at. I remember seeing him for the first time and feeling fear but also awe, because he was not what I was expecting. He was exciting."

"And how did he make you feel?"

"Like anything was possible."

"Rose and Trevor kidnapped you, and they were waiting for Elijah, but he never came, Damon and Stefan managed to rescue you before he arrived."

"Never came." Elena repeated under the compulsion, a tear slid down her face.

"Hey," Alaric put a comforting hand on her knee, "We can stop if you want."

"No, no. This has to be done, I cannot continue living this way."

"Tell me about the time that you got your humanity back, we've all been wondering that for years."

"I was pretending to be Katherine to find out who "EM" was. He showed up and kissed me like I was Katherine, so I played along. Although he did find out who I truly was, and we moved locations, and we talked for a little bit. I told him that Jeremy was dead, and he found out that I had abandoned my emotions. He told me all the different stuff that he loved about my humanity, and told me about you, and Jenna, and my parents, and how this wasn't the life they would have wanted for me to have." 

Elena said in whisper, afraid that if she spoke any louder she would burst out into tears. 

"After I had flipped my switch back on, he calmed me down and we talked for the longest time, and then he kissed me." She smiled at the memory, " I knew that I shouldn't have let him, for he had just broken up with Katherine and it was probably moving too fast, but it was like I was addicted to the taste of his lips."

Elena didn't realize that, her fingers were lightly tracing her lips. Alaric did though, and lightly smiled, he placed his hands on her knees making her look at him.

"He kissed you, you thought it was inappropriate. You told him so."

"I told him it was wrong."

"Who is Elijah Mikaelson?"

"He was my boyfriend, I loved him, and...and then he left me."

"You know, why don't we...why don't we take a little break, okay? To be honest, I could use a drink." Alaric said taking pity on her.

--

Elijah poured himself another glass of Bourbon, while the everyone else watched him. He silently cursed as the phone went to voicemail.

"ma petite Fleur, please call me back." After he hung up he threw the phone at the wall, getting a little shriek from Hope. "I will be in my room." Elijah walked out.

"Daddy?"

"Yes Hope?"

"What's wrong with Uncle 'Lijah?"

"I can tell you little girl." Katherine said walking in.

"Man we really need to change the deed to this place." Kol groaned, Davina nodded.

"Tell me why I shouldn't kill you right now." Rebekah growled.

"I was here when it all happened, they didn't know it yes, but I saw everything." Katherine shrugged, "From the stupid ma petite Fleur to where Elena," She pronounced extra loud, "Is today."