CHAPTER SEVEN

Thank you for reading.
**********************

The holidays ended. I returned back to school.

It was the beginning of my final year in school. John said he wanted to see at night and I agreed.

Staying with John was fun. We talked about a lot and he knew just how to make me laugh. We were seated somewhere near the cafeteria and we could see the hostel from where we were seated.

Then I saw Ben. He was in front of the hostel with Linda. I didn't even know he was back to school.

He didn't even tell me. There he was, standing with Linda. Seeing them together annoyed me. They embraced each other so many times.

John wanted to go in but I wasn't ready to go yet. Reason being that I had to pass Ben and Linda to enter my hostel.

'Could we stay for a bit? Till Ben and Linda go away from there' I pointed to where they were standing.

'Why?' John asked.

'Because I don't want Ben to see me'

'So you really liked Ben. He really affected you that much'.

'I guess'

'Don't worry. I will stay with you till they leave'

I saw Ben the next day. He called me and he apologized for not telling me that he was back. He said he tried my number but it wasn't reachable. I knew he was lying but it didn't bother me.

'You look very beautiful. You are a beautiful girl.' Ben said.

'I have always been a beautiful girl. You are just too blind to notice'. I told him.

I was tired of his bullshit. I was tired of the way he treated me. It was there and then I told myself to stop; to stop my Ben madness and to just move on with my life.

It wasn't going to be easy but I was going to try. I had John's attention now to help me. Yes, it wasn't right; using someone like that. But I had no choice.

I started ignoring Ben. I wasn't avoiding him but I was ignoring him. I tried my best to dress up very well. I bought new clothes; fancy blouses and nice pants.

I made sure my hair was always tidy and I had make up on. I was loving myself and I wanted Ben to see just what he missed. I stopped checking up on him. I stopped talking about him.

I saw Ben and Linda most times together. I figured they were back together. I forced myself not to care.

I was on my way to class one day and I met Ben on the way. I threw a careless hi to him and he stopped me.

'What do you think you are doing?' he asked. 'You can only run from me but you can't hide'

I smiled and walked away. I felt good. I felt good that he knew that I was trying to move on. I felt good because it seemed like he missed the constant attention I showed him.

________________
John and I became very close. We spent most nights together. I remember he even tried teaching me the rules of football because he was almost a fanatic.