Meetings

Lenny's POV

Lewis snarked as he inched closer to the pool table, 'so, son. I heard you had a new toy to play with? Hm?'

Lenny snickered, his hands tensing behind his back, he chucked, trying to evade the topic, 'no, just having some fun is all.'

His father smirked, the corner of his mouth creeping upward, 'no, a little birdy told me you're dating a boy. What's his name again?'

'That's not true.'

'Barry. Allen'

The tension grew thick, as Lenny waited for the ploy. His father never mentioned things like this unless he had a plan.

He laid back from his murderous stance as he teased his son, 'Leonard, my son, you're in love aren't you?'

'No.'

Lenny's heart started to race, he knew where this conversation was going and he had to stop it, he had to distract his father before he-

'Do this one job for me, and your little boyfriend will live to see another day.'

It was too late. Lewis scrambled around the table, reaching his scaly fingers for the balls, cheating as he moved them in place.

Lenny closed his eyes, naively hoping that if he ignored his father, the conversation would cease.

He was wrong.

'Leonard, I'm sure this kids very important to you, he's important to me too. But to keep him safe, you've gotta work with me here.'

Lenny sighed, memories of his sister racing through his mind. All the pain Lewis caused her, all the times he couldn't protect her.

He had to protect Barry.

'I'm already working on something dad, you know, helping kids.'

His father laughed, 'oh, with that girl Magenta. Her name is Frankie right? Frankie Kane?'

'Leave her out of this dad.'

Lewis chuckled, leaning on the table for aim, 'she'd be of use to us. Magnetic manipulation, I think she'd work for our new job.'

Lenny pursed his lips, he knew it was either the kid or Barry. He didn't stop his father from talking, he let him explain the whole plan, when, what, how many people will be killed, how Magenta could be used.

He didn't stop him.

Lenny could feel the weight press against his shoulders, as if he were already being punished for dragging Frankie into this, an innocent girl.

She had found Lenny, and asked him to help her save these kids in Star City, who were being secretly locked away and basically, they were enslaved. His gut sank when he lied to his lover about what he was doing, about his plans.

But you see, Lenny was testing him that day in the church. He thought, of all places to be honest, it may as well be in front of God. Barry, safe to say, didn't pass the test. He challenged, and critiqued, and he kept going at it, for weeks after.

Whining to him, 'Lenny don't kill anyone, Lenny not everyone has to die, Lenny don't do this, you can be good.'

Although Lenny was just about ready to punch him in the face for complaining, he didn't want Barry getting hurt, so he excluded him, lied to him, deceived him.

Surprisingly, Lenny didn't find it that hard. But this, this was different. This hurt. It stabbed at Lenny's conscious like he was being slaughtered, as if he were hunted.

He didn't know what to do. He couldn't lie to Barry, but he couldn't get him involved. He didn't want to hurt Frankie but, it was her safety or his soulmates.

Cisco's POV

Cisco placed the flowers on the wooden table, resting beside Caitlin, both remaining silent as she stared blankly at the envelope beneath her. A letter to her laid beside the flowers, a solemn petal had fallen onto the paper.

It read,

My dearest Caitlin,
I know it's still hard, to love, but I want you to know I'm here for you. I'm still waiting, and I'll wait forever if I have to.
Cisco.

Barry's POV
Joe hopped around Star Labs as if Cecile had already given birth, he smiled and laughed, drinking coffee and getting in some good banter with Harry.

'So team, I know Iris is still taking some time off but we can't stop for her alright. So, I have a new villain to catch, he's been on the CCPD's wanted list for about ten years now and I think it's about time we bring him in. For good.'

Joe chucked Cisco the file, the paper gliding through the air.

'He's dangerous, manipulative and murderous, it's expected coming from his family. Their all messed up in some way, the fathers a criminal, the sister too.'

Cisco stared intensely at the piece before him, 'Joe, hasn't he already been in Iron Heights, and got out?'

'Yeah, but this time, he won't.'

Barry looked at Caitlin in confusion, she squeezed her brows unknowingly, also unsure of who the boys were discussing.

'Joe, who is this?'

Barry's father looked up gleefully, excited for their new mission.

'Leonard Snart.'