Agony

Barry's POV

Barry stumbled around the car, opening the door for Caitlin's friend Remi. She wore a black tight dress, which suited well with her blonde bob. Just under three weeks later and Barry had finally decided to 'date' again. Even though Barry wasn't really 'in' to girls, he could definitely see her beauty. Remi was thin, her heels propping her up to his shoulders. He sat beside her at a small round table, she ordered champagne. The waiter placed the filled glasses in front of us, the liquid bubbling over the rim.

Remi began explaining how she was the CEO of this massive tech company, and then, how she simply could not find a decent man.

Her petit hands stretched up to her eye to swipe away the solemn tear before it fell.

'You see Barry, my soulmate. He was a pilgrim from east India, traveled his country on foot in search for inner peace and love. Unfortunately, not long after he found everything he had been searching for, he suffered cardiac arrest and died in my arms. His last words in this world were, "live my darling, for things shall never hinder such a spirit as yours." So, although my world seemed to freeze and I near went mad with anger, I had to keep going. To live. For the man I loved. I couldn't stop, and strangely, I feel that same determination and goodness in you Barry.

Barry, what's happened to your soulmate?'

The air fell flat, the champagne bubbles floating away as Barry's lip quivered.

Remi leaned across the table and slid her hands into Barry's, she rested them there until their dinner arrived.

Remi didn't mention soulmates for the rest of the night. They chatted about plain things, their careers, their families, but most of all, they talked about the soul.

'You see B, after the whole death incident, I retracted his path through India and searched for my own happiness. That's when I adopted Niha, my eleven year old orphan from a small town on the east coast. I found her barely alive beside a river, muddy and covered in blood. I took her in and now, she attends the extraordinary Tolem Prep, and with excellent grades.'

Barry grinned, Remi interested him very much. If he should have to fake love for someone, it would be her.

Leonard's POV
Lewis Snart towered over his son, his curled fists pounding into the bloody face beneath him. Leonard's obedient eyes never closed, he stared straight into the devil's glowing orbs. His lips had already formed purple welts, the dripping blood staining his rough skin. Lewis pressed down his son's shoulders, crushing them against the concrete floor, his skin scratched the ground, slicing his skin. His heavy hands were only the beginning of the torture that Lewis would force his son to endure.

Leonard laid underneath his father's weight, unable to move. It was not from a lack of strength, or courage, but it was either him or his dear little sister.

He couldn't let her get hurt.

He wouldn't.

So there Leonard stayed, bound by his own father's bruised fists.

Lewis painted beautiful solar system's on his son's body. It stretched all the way along his rough thick skin. They were coloured with browns and reds and purples.

Leonard's silence became the most powerful scream...

Barry's POV

Later that night Barry laid on his lounge, bowls of food laid across the coffee table as he binged watched his favourite shows. His wrist started to burn, his skin blazing blood red along his arm. Barry turned over his hand to see his soulmark fading white, the letters barely readable under the living room lights.

Leonard was in trouble.

He wanted to help. He knew how to find him, he could do it.

But he didn't want his help.

Leonard didn't want him.

Barry's heart began to sink inside him, he felt his chest burn up with a miserably agonizing heat. He couldn't save him. His own heart fought his rational thoughts as his hands began to shake, as if his body represented the emotions bottling up inside his mind...

He wanted Leonard....he wanted to help....yet...

Leonard didn't want Barry...