Chapter 19; John Lennon (This title isn't completely irrelevant)

You guys should check out my Frank story ;D *shameless self-promotion ftw*

And this chapter is really fucking long. So I guess that makes up for me not updating in forever. I  honestly didn't bother proofreading because it was so long so excuse any mistakes.

A couple days later, I celebrated Thanksgiving with the Way family. It was actually really great, despite everything. Well I did cry a little bit. After all, it was my first Thanksgiving without my dad. What did I have to give thanks for? But Mikey and the rest of his family were there to comfort me. Honestly, I have no idea where I'd be right now if I hadn't met the guys.

I sound so cheesy.

But hey, it's true.

Now it was barely the first week of December and the temperature went from Thanksgiving chilly to Christmas get the fuck inside by the fire. It even started snowing. As of right now, I was sitting at a table in Starbucks with Gerard and Mikey. Gerard was sitting in a chair across the table from us, hunched over a sketchbook scribbling away while Mikey and I were having a light conversation over hot chocolate.

Yes, I got Mikey Way to take hot chocolate over coffee. Call me magical.

Gerard picked his head back up. I could practically see the light bulb over his head as he said, "Hey guys, I have an idea."

"Go on," Mikey said, messing with his gray beanie.

"We've had some shitty days recently, so we should have a little pick me up event soon."

"What are you thinking of, Gerard?" I said suspiciously.

"My amazing idea is," he paused to add a dramatic effect, being the sassy diva he is. "We should go to a party. Or even better, a club!"

Mikey looked at me from the corner of his eye and I cleared my throat. "Are you sure that's a good idea? I mean, none of us are old enough to get into a club anyway."

He smirked. "I have connections, don't worry honey."

"That actually scares me a bit. But um, I don't know about this one, Gerard. It doesn't seem like a very good idea."

He nudged me. "Relax! It'll be fine, I promise."

"That's what you say every time," I muttered under my breath.

"So it's settled," Gerard said cheerfully, snapping his sketchbook shut. "I'll call the others and let them know. I say we go this Friday. Sound good to you guys? Good." He got out of his chair and gave us a finger wave before going to his car.

Mikey shot me a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry. I don't know what just got into him."

I waved my hand. "It's fine, I'm used to it by now. We've survived it before, we can do it again."

He gave me a half smile and squeezed my hand. "I guess we better catch up with him or he's gonna leave without us. I don't know about you, but I don't feel like walking home in this weather." I nodded and followed him out of the Starbucks and to where Gerard's car was parked.

Later in the week - but not Friday, thank God - Gerard, Mikey, Frank, Randi, and I were all huddled on the floor of the Way basement. We were just talking about whatever random shit popped into our minds.

"Hey Stella," Randi said, smirking. "Who's a celebrity you just adore?"

It didn't even take a moment's hesitation for me to say, "John Lennon. I mean, damn. If I could go back to the sixties."