Chapter 20

My eyes flooded with tears as I realized once more how much Michael truly didn't care at all that he'd hurt me. I tried swallowing the lump in my throat but it was too much and I couldn't hold it in.

I yanked my wrist out of Drew's hand and ran out of the cafeteria, not wanting anyone to see me so weak.

I truly thought you'd be sorry.

Isn't that pathetic.

*

Isn't it so crazy how I could fall in love with someone so much that they've broken me?

It's so.. crazy..

"I'm sorry for what I did." Drew let out a sigh as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"I just.. I couldn't stand the thought of him hurting you so badly and not even caring."

His words hit me like a truck. I had almost forgotten that he loved me because of everything going on.

"I'm so sorry that I did that to-"

"It's okay." I cut him off and pulled him into a hug as I held onto him tightly and for some reason, I didn't want to let go.

"I never should've believed him. This isn't your fault, Drew." I tried to reassure him but it wasn't helping at all.

"Don't-Don't do that. Don't blame yourself, Addie. He's a dick and he hurt someone who didn't deserve any of it. This isn't on you. It's only on him." His gaze on me wasn't moving and his hands on my shoulders gripped me tightly as he tried his hardest to get me to understand.

But.. it's so hard to not blame yourself when you're the one who chose to let that person in.

"How can I not blame myself?" I whispered, my breath hitched in the back of my throat.

"Because I don't blame you."

*

                      Michael's P.O.V
                     (Current Time)

"If I have to tell you one more fucking time-"

"I-I'm sorry. I-I'll get it right now!" My voice shaking and cracking out of fear as I quickly ran towards the kitchen.

I opened the fridge hastily and grabbed another cold beer from the fridge before closing it back and bringing it back to him.

I handed him the beer, my hands sweating a bit  as they shook.

"Fucking piece of shit!" He smacked it out of my hand making the bottle smash and liquid go all over the floor.

"Look what the fuck you just did!"

"I'm sorry, s-sir!" I hurriedly try to clean it up, my whole body shaking.

"You should fucking die just like your bitch of a mother!" He grabbed me by the hair and yanked me backwards.

My head hurt instantly as he drug me backwards before kicking me in the stomach.

"Ah!" I groaned as I hunch over and hold my stomach.

"You can't do a damn thing right! I'm so done with your shit!" He punched me in the jaw causing pain to instantly shoot through my head.

I heard his breathing getting harder and his yells became louder than before.

The fear inside me grew even more as he continued to hit me.

"You're such a piece of shit!"

"Worthless fucking piece of shit!" He yelled before kneeing me in the stomach.

"You can't even hand me a fucking beer! Fucking pathetic!" He kicked me in the head with as much force as possible.

Everything started ringing and my vision started to get blurry. I gasped as I tried to get up but kept feeling more and more blows to my stomach.

Then everything went black.

*

I woke up in a dark but slightly lit up room. Here I was again in the basement on this cold cement floor.

I coughed but quickly stopped because it caused my head to pound way more than it already was. My body was so weak and hurt everywhere.

I was breathing quickly from the exhaustion and could barely even open my eyes enough to see very well.

The pain was unbearable, I was starving, and all I could do was sit here almost lifeless.

I lift up my shirt slowly, trying to see the damage he had done this time.

The bruises from last time were even bigger as he hit the same bruises countless times. New ones covered my stomach and ribs. They almost covered my entire stomach. I let out jagged breathes as I put my shirt back down and lean against the cold cement wall again.

I couldn't see the rest of what he'd done to me. I don't think I've ever felt safe. He's always beating me..

My body feels is so weak and fragile. I haven't eaten in awhile. He doesn't give me any food. The only food I get is lunch. And that's if I even get the chance to go. I haven't eaten in a couple of days and my stomach felt as if it was eating itself.

The pain that I felt throughout my body was so painful. I have to just hope that I don't have any marks on my face. I can't cover those up..

Tears started to well up in my eyes and roll down my cheeks. I hung my head low and just let myself cry. It hurt so much. I didn't want to do this anymore. I can't handle another day of this. It'll be the same tomorrow and I wasn't ready.

I'm covered in bruises and cuts that lay all over my stomach and back. I have scars from him hitting me with objects and causing open wounds from him punching me and leaving them untreated. I'm covered in scars from him. I didn't want to look at my stomach and always be reminded of him..

but I am..

Part of my pain wasn't even from the bruises and cuts I had all over my body.

Part of my pain was from missing her..

————————————————————————

I HAVENT BEEN UPDATING AND I FEEL SO BAD OML

FORGIVE ME

OKAY I KNOW IM EXTRA BUT JUST FORGIVE ME FOR THE LONG WAIT

Okay, I've actually been quite busy so I'm so sorry for the lack of updating.

I know this chapter was different and some of you probably forgot this book existed and hate it now smh

welp, please don't hate me?