Chapter 7

"He'll be okay."

That's when I heard it. The sound of the monitor going flat. The doctors rushed in and immediately started trying to bring him back. He was dead.. dead.. I don't know if they can save him this time.

"Come on, you have to leave, ma'am." One doctor started pushing me out as I was filled with panic.

"W-Wait, no! He can't die! Save him! Bring him back!"

"We are trying all we can, ma'am."

And that's when the doctor closed the door to his hospital room, leaving me with anxiety, panic, and the thought that he was dead.

*

I've been sitting in the hallway floor, my head in my hands and crying for the past 30 minutes.

I don't understand what happened. He was doing so well. He was finally okay. How can he start dying.

Is this my fault?

I can't help but feel guilty as my heart sank more into the depression it was already once before falling into.

I can't do anything but blame myself over and over. Drew has been right next to me, comforting me the best he can but nothing is working.

Nothing can make my pain go away. Not until he's better.

I got my hopes up. I shouldn't have done that. Why did I do that? I've made this harder for myself and for Michael. He's fighting so hard and he's probably exhausted. Tired of fighting.

I haven't said a word since they've been in the room. I didn't want to talk to anyone; not even Drew.

Why couldn't this have happened to me. Why did it have to be Michael?

He's so strong. He shouldn't have to be so strong.

"Drew.." my voice cracked as I spoke barely even audible.

He was shocked to hear my voice but at the same time he was finally relieved that I had spoken.

"Do you think he's going to die?" I never looked up from my legs that I had earlier brought to my chest and hugged tightly.

He let out a saddened sigh before he spoke, "I don't know."

Nothing could possibly make me worse.. the only thing that would make me worse is.. Michael dying.

"I just don't know if he should fight anymore.." I let the tears fall as my heart ached with pain.

"I wish I could take away all his pain and give it to myself. I love him so much." My voice cracking at the end.

"Addie, you should stop blaming yourself. It's pointless. I know you faintly recall the time when he was okay, but it'll come. When the time is right, he'll come back to us." He smiled softly.

"What if he doesn't." I shook my head, not letting myself have false hopes again.

"I know his father is a bit apathetic but he still has you. He had you to come back to."

"I pushed him away. He won't want to come back to me.." I spoke quietly.

"I just.. feel so depressed and empty. He doesn't deserve this." I looked up at Drew, finally looking at him.

"No one does. I know you're scared and I know you're mad at yourself. You shouldn't have to do this either, but you do. You shouldn't think the worst possible thing could happen. And I know you can't leave him and just ignore him and go be happy. That's because you love him. And thats what he needs right now, okay?" Drew spoke with a soft expression as he hugged me tightly.

"I can't not think the worst. I just.. I don't want my hopes to get too high. But I do love him and I will be there." I smiled softly to him.

But he had no idea that I was thinking the worst in my head. I couldn't think of anything other than the fact that Michael probably won't make it. And he'll just be hurt by me.

"I'm here for you through every step." He spoke with sincerity and he looked at me with his focus only on me.

"I know you are." I smiled but somehow, I found it hard to even smile.

How can I?

Michael is laying in a hospital bed, in a coma, and I might lose him. I can't smile. I don't have an ounce of happiness in me anymore.

Even though I have Drew, I feel lonely without Michael. I don't feel like myself. I'm so overwhelmed with fear now and I'm so powerless. I feel so vulnerable without him..

"I'm sure in the end he'll be okay." Drew rubbed my back as he watched me in thought.

"I-" before I could continue I heard a door open, making me immediately lift my head and stand up to meet the doctor.

"We almost lost him but he's stable for now." The doctor nodded at me before walking away down the hall.

I rushed into the hospital room and quickly went over to the bed.

"I'll let you talk to him, okay?" Drew gives you a soft smile before leaving the hospital room, making sure to close to door behind him.

I sigh as I take a hold of Michael's hand and look at him.

"Michael.." I looked at him, he looked so close to dying.

"You don't have to fight anymore." I caressed his cheek as I looked at him in such a state.

"If you're worried about me, don't. Don't worry about me." I was on the verge of tears as I watched him.

"I can't.. I can't see you like this anymore."

"Drew can watch me. He can take care of me. Don't worry about me." I smiled softly.

"Go ahead, Michael. It's okay." My voice cracked as I spoke.

I couldn't bare it anymore. He's fighting too much..

"Be peaceful.."

"You don't have to fight." Tears we're rolling down my cheeks as my heart ached to see him in such pain.

I was crying so hard as I held onto his hand so tightly.

"If it's time to go, it's okay." I could barely speak from crying, it was too much.

"You mean everything to me. If you need to go, it's okay.."

"Michael, I just want to thank you.."

"For everything, thank you." I stared at his limp body as he still lay there.

I kissed his forehead before laying my head on his chest, watching him, realizing how much I truly love him.

----------------------------------------

You probably won't forgive me for doing this to Michael but.. PLEASE DONT HURT ME

Anyway... next chapter is an Authors Note with some facts about me! You can skip it if you want! It is only for the purpose of all of you to get to know the author of this book, my loves!💕