Chapter 9

"But most of all, I just can't wait to have you again."

The sincerity of his words made me love him even more than I did before.

He leaned over and cupped my cheek as he placed his soft pink lips onto mine. I had almost forgotten the sweetness of his kisses. The way our lips molded together.. almost.

*

We walked into my apartment as I helped Michael bring in his suitcases that Drew had packed for him since his dad is never home.

"So many memories in this apartment." He smiled as he looked around the apartment.

"Yeah." I replied as I walked over to my bedroom door and brought the suitcases inside.

"Should we unpack now?" I turned to Michael as I asked him.

"Of course not." He chuckled as he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"I've been waiting for time with you. And this.." he placed his lips onto mine as he kissed me with such passion. His kisses were sweet, they were what I was longing for.

"I missed you." I whispered quietly to him.

I could feel a sudden rush of emotion come over me as I remember all the scares and all the waiting and thinking that he wouldn't make it.

"Hey, hey, hey." He whispered softly to me as he wiped the tears that had started to roll down my cheeks.

"I'm okay. I'm not going anywhere." He reassured me before he brought me into a hug.

I held onto him tightly as I felt his warm embrace. I could smell his cologne, I missed that so much. I couldn't help but smile.

I finally had him back.

*

"Michael Conor, stop cheating!" I yelled at him frustratedly as I died once again on the game we were currently playing.

"I'm not! You just suck." He chuckled as he walked around trying to find me once again.

"I don't suck that bad." I laughed as I tried to keep my distance from Michael, knowing I couldn't kill him.

"Actually, you do." He laughed as he planted mines around the map.

"Stop planting mines got dumbass! You're gonna kill me again!" I shout as I tried to pay attention to where I was walking.

"That's the point!" He laughed.

"I hate you so-" that's when I stepped on a mine and blew up, killing me once again.

"I'm done." I groaned as I felt defeated.

I lay my head down on Michael's lap as I looked up at him.

"I hate you and this stupid game." I smiled slightly at him as I glared.

"You don't hate me. You love me, admit it." His smile was wide as he ran his fingers through my hair.