Side Quest part 2

Next part of story.

THORN

So far they fell two hundred feet from a cliff. It was a good thing Cole had a rope and a foot hold. Magnus, Thorn, and Alex dangled from the rope as Cole was trying to not fall himself.

The only thing that went through Thorn's mind was. 'WHY DID I AGREE TO THIS!!!' He's done some crazy stuff but he hated heights and here dangling from a rope he was paralyzed. He gripped to the rope for dear life; he didn't want to fall fom THIS hight.

Thorn made the mistake of looking down. Behind Alex was another at least 300 foot drop. "Gods." Thorn whispered to himself.

"You okay up there?" Alex asked.

"Uh-huh." Thorn replied holding on even tighter to the rope.

Cole found leverage and was able to pull them up to a lage. Thorn's nails dug into the rocks.

Everyone looked at him in concern. "You okay?" Magnus asked.

"F-fine." Thorn said trying not to look down.

They followed a path down the mountain side. Once they got to the ground Thorn layed face down in the grass.

Cole looked concerned. "Are you okay?" he asked.

Thorn got up. "Yea...I've just had some bad experiences with heights." he told them about the time they had to escape a room by using a flimsy ladder. After that Thorn's sister developed a fear of ladders while he developed (a rational) a fear of hights.

"Ladders?" Alex asked.

"Yea." Thorn replyed

"But...why ladders?" Cole asked.

Thorn shrugged. He didn't know why, but he respected it. Though he would occasionally tease her. (Sorry for bringing it up please don't kill me!)

MAGNUS

They set up camp a few miles away from the cliff. Magnus pitched the tent as Thorn and Cole looked for wood, and Alex looked through her bag for matches. She started a to gather small twigs and sticks.

Cole and Thorn came back with fire wood. Cole carried a big tree stump while thorn carried a few logs. "Well Cole and I will be sharing a tent." Thorn stated. "Magnus you and Alex will be sharing." He added more smugly while smirking at his brother. Magnus felt his face burn.

In the tent they slept as far away as they could. For some reason Alex woke up with her head on Magnus's chest. They both layed there hoping the other wasn't awake.

(Time skip to get away from the awkwardness cuz it's too cringe worthy for me to write.)

MAGNUS

Walking for five hours straight wasn't Magnus's prefered cardio. He dragged his feet along the grassy ground of the forest. Thorn and Cole had their eyes on a map of the area, and Alex played with her sharp wire. "Cave up ahead." Cole said.

"What kind of cave?" Magnus asked.

"Well..." Thorn stopped to think. "We all might die so..."

"Okay." Magnus sighed.

They all walked into a cave. Inside where two tunnels. Both were dark and erie. Magnus personally didn't want to go in either. Cole and Thorn looked at each other. Then back at Alex and Magnus. "Alex you and Magnus take right." Cole said. "Thorn and I will take left." while walking off into the dark tunnel Magnus saw them fist-bump. His brothers gray glow disappeared into the tunnel. Alex and Magnus made their way into the other tunnel. Magnus drew Jack out of pendant form. Magnus and Jack glew guiding their way. Alex chose to hang onto Magnus's arm so she wouldn't trip.

They walked deeper until they found a clif with a pool of liquid under it. It glew a weird dark green color. Alex walked up to it cautiously and looked over the edge of the cliff. "So...you know what that is?"

"Nope." Magnus admitted. He watched Alex pick up a rock and drop it in. Once it hit the liquid it disintegrated. Magnus was pretty sure it was safe to call whatever was under them acid.

There were rockes that came up from the acid. A few looked more like titanium then rock. "How do we get across?"

Alex thought for a second before pulling out her wire. "I have an idea." she stated.

"What is it?"

"Hold onto me." she said. Readying her wire. Magnus cautiously put my arms around her waist. "Do you want to fall into the acid?" Magnus instantly held on tighter.

Alex hooked her wire to a stalagmite above them. She kicked off the cliff as Magnus screamed. They landed on the nearest rock. Alex told Magnus to "calm the fuck down."

The rock started to carode under their feet. Everything they were standing on shook as if the acid sensed something that wasn't supposed to be there. Alex grabbed onto another stalagmite with her wire and swung them to another rock. The other rock did the same thing. Magnus spotted something in the center of the acid pool. "Look!" he said directing Alex's attention to a necklace in the middle.

"A pendent." Alex mused before hooking onto another stalagmite and swinging for it. Alex held onto the rope to stop them from falling into the acid. Magnus did the reaching for it.

Alex gained momentum and swing them to the exit. She turned herself a ninety degrees angle to prevent them from falling into the acid. As soon as they hit the ground the whole acid pool started to rumble. Everything started to desolve. They ran as everything shook stumbling only able to see because Jack was waiting for them. They managed to get out before being crushed.

Thorn and Cole were sitting on the floor. They both looked more or less traumatized. "What happened?" magnus asked.

"There were spiders." Cole said shivering like he felt something crawl all over him.

"The rocks were so tall." Thorn said slightly hugging himself. "A-and the rope snapped."

Alex and Magnus looked at eachother. "Are you two okay?"

"Yea. Cole saved my ass like six times." Thorn said getting off the floor. "We need to get the pendant to Thor."

Cole got up and extended his axe in the air. "I got this." Everyone huddled around Cole as a bolt of lightning came out of the sky. They were transported into Thor's man cave.

Thor looked over from the microwave and walked over. He was just as...charming as Magnus remembered. "You have the thing I sent for?"

Cole handed it over. "Here dad." He said giving him both the pendant and the key. Thor flipped the pendant over and stuck the key into it. A key hole magically appeared. He pulled off one end to show it was a USB. Thor walked over to the giant TV and plugged it in. Everyone looked at him in confusion. Then all the NFL highlights started playing.

"What?" Thor asked.

Cole looked like he expected this. "It happens more than you think." He said as he raised his axe to take them all back.

***********************************************************************************************

Hey it's Thorn

Sorry I didn't get this done it's been  a while. (If my sister asks tell her I published this earlier.)

Never mind she knows.

 - Thorn