Side Quest

"No." Thorn said strictly.

"Im fine." Mini stated getting up.

Thorn moved and sat her back down. "No, your not." he rubbed his face. "There is no way im letting you go to work today."

"But, I-" Mini got cut off.

"Go to the dorms and get some rest." He ordered. "I'll take care of your story."

"Don't fuck it up it's a really important one." Mini says now walking to the dorms. "Im only listening to you cuz I don't want this to spread to other authors."

"If one of us is sick we should probably make sure all the author's are cautious." Thorn replys.

"Before I go to the dorms I'll tell the medic to give everyone flu shots." Mini said as she turned the corner. Thorn nodded and walked the other way.

THORN

'I've only been to Vahalla twice.' all possible ways he could mess up went through his head. 'Oh no, why did I offer to do this?' he mentally slapped himself

He walked through the library. Running his hand against the shelves. He opened the big doors to the main room. "Hey."

"Hi, Thorn." Ali smiled going through mission folders. "Have you seen your sister?" she asked waving around a folder.

"Yea, she's sick." he replyed. Ali's eyes went wide. "Im gonna take over her story today." She nodded and reached into a draw to pull out a medical mask and hand sanitizer.

She put the mask on. "I don't see a problem with that." Ali handed him the mission folder.

He took it and pointed to the hand sanitizer on the counter. "Not taking any chances huh?" He laughed.

"When one of you gets sick then we know it's gonna be bad." She says in a deadly serious tone. Thorn nodded knowing from personal experience.

"Well, see ya." He says. Ali waves good bye.

He lifts a pen and writes the title.

Side quests

THORN

Thorn woke up in Vahalla. He slowly got up and looked around. "Welcome to hotel Vahalla." said the manager from behind a desk.

"Thanks." He said. "I need to ask a favor."

MAGNUS

Magnus was woken up by banging on his door. Groggily he got up and walked to the door. He opened it to see TJ smiling.

"Congratulations!" TJ beamed. "You got chosen for a side quest."

"What?" Magnus asked.

"A side quest." Someone else appeared from behind TJ. "Some are chosen to go on smaller quests for supplies or something for a god."

"Who are you?" Magnus asked.

"The new addition to floor 19." TJ said. "We get so see how he died at dinner, before you three leave."

"So me him and...?"

"Alex." The new guy said and pointed to Alex's door.

"Yup," TJ said giving Magnus a smug smile. "Battle starts in half an hour." TJ pointed his thumb to the new guy. "I'll leave him in your very capable hands."

They stood there in awkward silence for what felt like 10 minutes. "So...what's your name?" Magnus asked.

"Call me Thorn." He smiled. "Thanks for finally talking, it was getting kinda awkward."

"Yea it was." Magnus laughed. They walked down to battle in comfortable silence.

They entered battle and Magnus got on his armor. Thorn pulled off a charm from an anklet. It turned into a long sickle he put it across his shoulders. "This is the guy we're questing with?" Alex asked as she got ready.

"Yea, that's Thorn." Magnus replied.

"He looks like one of those grim reaper guys from mangas" She commented. Magnus nodded in agreement.

He took the sickle off his shoulders and walked over. "You know I can hear you right?" They froze. "But, I do look like a manga reaper." He agreed. They sighed in relief.

"So, what's your deal?" Alex asked.

"What?" Thorn tilted his head to the side like a lost puppy.

Behind them a girl made a noise in the back of her throat then covered it with a cough. Magnus looked over at Alex who was blushing. He felt a pulse of anger surge through him.

She cleared her throught. "How did you die?"

He shrugged. "I can only remember bits and pieces, but in sure you'll find out later." He twirled the sickle in his hand and walked over to the others.

Magnus leaned over to Alex and whispered "We got caught." Alex tried to suppress a laugh but failed.

From the other side of the room Mallory and Thorn watched them. Thorn smiled. "I ship them so hard."

Mallory smiled. "Not often you find a fanboy."

Thorn smirked and let out a laugh. "Yea im a rare breed."

MAGNUS

Battle started with your usual slaughtering. TJ charged, Alex decapitated some guys, Mallory slit some throats, Halfborn strangled some guys, Magnus slashed some people, and Thorn ripped through some others.

Thorn walked up to Magnus his sickle painted with blood. "Hey, dude." He rubbed blood off his face. They watched as Alex sliced off someone's head. "So...I see you have a crush on her." Thorn smiled at Magnus.

"N-no...w-what do you mean." He stammered. Thorn snorted.

"I know im a fanboy." he put his hands up. "Influenced by my sister, but I know what I see." Magnus put his head down and rubbed his neck. They were pulled out of their conversation by Mallory yelling at them.

After battle was dinner. Magnus walked to dinner and sat at his regular table. Thorn sat with the Valkyrie that brought him here. He shifted uncomfortably as Susan the Valkyrie talked with him. On the screen his death started. He was in the middle of a deserted road. His long sickle in one hand. In front of him was a frost giant which was laughing. "You think you can beat me?" The giant bellowed.

"Your kin killed my friends..." He paused. "My sister was in the group that went missing." Thorns grip on the sickle tightened. "Now your going to pay for your kin's mistake."

The giant laughed. "You a child of Frey?" the giant stiffened. "Your sister was the small one? Child of Frey also?" Thorn clenched his teeth. "She fought well, she could be in Valhalla right now." Thorn's eyes blazed hearing the giant say she was dead threw him over the edge. He charged toward the giant slashing at the legs first. The giant ragged and slamed him in the chest. Thorn was sent flying a few feet. He regained his balance

"Even if it kills me I'll make sure you pay." Thorn tapped the back of his sickle twice and it duplicated. He ran to the giant which drew his ice blade sword. The sickle's and the sword collided. Thorn swung his arm around the giant embedding a sickle in the giants back. The blade of the sickle went through the giant. The giants sword pushed its way through Thorns stomach. Thorn hit the floor struggling to breathe trying to stay awake. His eyes closed and Susan pulled a bronze colored spirit out of his body. A round of applause circled the room.

"Thorn, you your brother Magnus Chase and Alex Fierro child of Loki will be going on a quest." The manager stood up. "The quest is to find a pendant with an inscription for the god Thor."

At a different table a tall red head started choking on his water. "I'm going too!" He stated getting up.

The manager nodded "It is decided." He bellowed. "You four will go on this quest to find the pendant."

The next few hours were spent packing for the quest.

***********************************************************************************************

Note from Thorn to Mini : Im sorry if I messed up and if I did don't kill me. Please.