Twenty-second

••

"Jimin, you were the one who taught me to always look at the positive side. Now that I do, the tables seem to be turning this moment."

••

Jimin cracks his eyes open only to be greeted by a white ceiling.

He tries to remember the last thing he knows before sitting up, panic taking over him.

"Sir, sir! Take it slowly, you just woke up!"

But gladly, there were nurses to calm him.

"I don't care." Jimin took off the apparatuses attached to his body one by one that stopped him from getting out of the bed.

The nurses sigh, "He's to be discharged anyway," one of the two whispers.

"By the way," Jimin looks at the nurses as he gets done, "Who brought me here?"

The male nurse slightly furrowed his eyebrows, "I'm not sure...a lady?" He glances at the female nurse beside him for reassurance.

As Jimin hears the word 'lady', he freezes.

It could be her sister...

But it shouldn't be Jennie.

"A lady?"

"Yes, sir," the female one responses, "She's the same age as you and I heard her name is J-j-jane? Jena? I ain't sure but I am certain that it starts with 'J'."

He already knew who it was when the nurse struggled while saying 'J-j-j'.

"Fuck it, where is she?" He didn't mean to be stern as he asks.

"Uhm, I saw her at the hospital playground." As the male nurse finishes his sentence, Jimin rushed outside the room, running towards the said location.

While running, he felt so worried for her. He's certain that the doctor talked to Jennie since she was the one to bring him there.

But wait, didn't her sister know that he was rushed to the hospital?

Speaking, or maybe, thinking of Rose, he passes by the girl and stops.

"Why are you running? Were you so happy that you're getting discharged? You didn't even last like—"

"Rose." Jimin cuts Rose off with his hands placed on his sister's shoulders, "Did you talk to the doctor?"

"Nope, Jennie did." Her sister nonchalantly answers.

Jimin bites his lower lip and brushes his hair back, a mannerism of him especially when he's frustrated.

"And yes, Jennie knows it now."

Jimin freezes for the second time.

"How did you know I've been hiding it from her?"

"Duh," Rose rolls her eyes, "I don't even get the point why are you hiding it but I heard her after her conversation with the doctor."