Chapter 29 - Helping Hand

Start from the beginning

“I wasn’t looking at you in that way I was-“

“I meant the view from your office.”She says pointing behind me.

“I know.”I say totally unconvincingly and look at my computer screen avoiding her eyes. Trying to ignore her small giggle.

“Are we going to get to work or what?”

Still smiling she nods taking out a few papers from her briefcase handing them to me. “That is why we are here right? We aren’t here to stare at each other.”She says smartly making me feel uneasy. I shouldn’t have been looking, but as crazy as it might seem I wondered if that is what she intended to do. I even started to think that maybe she thought about what she was going to say or think of clever remarks to throw my way.

Whatever it was it was working so I decided to think less about that and concentrate more on getting this meeting over and done with.

We talked about the possible increase in stocks that my company would buy in their company if they continued exceed their previous profit percentage. I was glad that the conversation turned to business because it seemed that when she wasn’t concentrating on my chest that she was actually extremely intelligent and she did surprise me with the amount of effort and research she put into the meeting.

It was when my phone started ringing at it was Hannah calling that Lexi’s interest spiked again. I wasn’t going to ignore Hannah’s call and I wondered if Lexi thought that I would. I wasn’t trying to hide anything from Hannah and I didn’t want Lexi to think I was the secretive type. Maybe by knowing that she would think of other things. Things that could make me feel manipulated again.

I smiled at Lexi holding up my finger to her and pressed answer.

“Hey Han ”I smiled getting up form my chair walking towards my window looking into the distance.

“I know I know I’m driving you crazy but I just wanted to tell you about some of the few ideas I had.”She gushes making me smile at how excited she was.

I loved that she was making this a big deal I adored it. “You go ahead love I’m all ears.”

“Is your client there? Am I not interrupting?”She asks and I turn my head looking at Lexi.

“Is she interrupting?”I ask her not really caring what she says. Okay that’s a lie but I had a very low amount of worry to what she might think.

“No please continue I’m enjoying it.”She says loud enough for Hannah to hear

“She sounds nice. Well I’ll be quick, tell her that.”Hannah says and I almost sigh but instead turn back to Lexi smiling

“She says she will be quick Miss Hill.”I say watching Lexi nod trying to act all serious. She was completely enjoying this and Hannah had no idea how much. Hannah was just being her usual kind hearted self and here is this woman flirting with me non-stop whom my sweet Hannah is apologizing to. She was eating this up.

“Okay well I was thinking of four name that stood out. Maybe tomorrow there will be other four but these so far. You ready? Okay I know you are. First I was thinking Bailey but Julie is just as cute. Then I am still a bit on the fence about Lily and Calliope.”She says practically sounding like she wasn’t even taking a breath.

I laughed a little holding the phone to my ear wishing I could kiss her right about now.

“Babe relax you are going to pass out. Now I like Bailey a lot and Calliope is also nice. Those are my top two okay. I have to go now but when I come home I’m sure that you will have some more for me to pick from.”