Chapter 14

"I read the first part of the book. The chapter about the history. Is it true?" Hadrian asked his father. They were currently in Quirrell's private chambers, as Voldemort had decided to help Hadrian with his studies in the Dark Arts.

"Unfortunately it is. Dark wizards were called evil and light wizards good. I wish to change that." Voldemort said, using the face on the back of Quirrell's head.

"Then I will help you." Hadrian replied. Voldemort smiled slightly.

"Have you ever heard of the Philosopher's Stone?" He asked suddenly, changing the topic.

"Yes, it was a stone created by Nicholas Flamel using the art of alchemy. Why?" Hadrian said, speculative.

"Dumbledore has it here, and I want to use it to fuel a ritual that will give me my body back." Voldemort explained.

"You wish for me to get it." He stated. His father nodded. "I will retrieve it then." Hadrian finished, standing up.

"Goodnight, Hadrian."

"Goodnight Father."

~•~•~•~•~

The night after Hadrian's talk with Voldemort, he went to the third floor and entered the locked room at the end of the corridor. Closing the door behind him, he froze as he saw a Cerberus staring back at him. It growled and launched itself at Hadrian, who blasted it away with a wave of magic. From what he recalled, Cerberus' went to sleep at the sound of music, so he conjured a piano and spelled it to play.

Thinking quickly, Hadrian vanished the piano and quietly exited the room. Retrieving the stone so early in the year would immediately make Hadrian the culprit, since Dumbledore already knew he was Voldemort's son. Even a toddler would be able to guess that the son would help the father.

So Hadrian waited.

One month passed of boring classes, and then another, and then two more, before Christmas came. Even more time passed, filled with conversations with Voldemort, before it was finally the last month of school.

~•~•~•~•~

"Father, I will be retrieving the stone tomorrow night. Dumbledore won't be in the school, so I will be able to get the stone easily." Hadrian stated, sipping a cup of tea.

"Good, good. I will be waiting in the center of the Forbidden Forest at midnight then. You remember what I taught you? Shadow Stepping will help you a great deal, so be prepared to use it if need be. If anything goes wrong, if you are seen, immediately change their memory and Shadow Step to the forest. But I trust you will be fine." Voldemort said. He had been getting weaker, so if he didn't get the stone to perform the ritual, then he would have to leave the school and create a new body.

"Yes, the art comes naturally to me. The shadows are very welcoming." Hadrian muttered, distracted.

"What ails you, child?" Voldemort asked.

"If everything goes as planned, and you get your body back, will I still have to stay here? It's starting to get boring, and Draka will not be happy if I get bored." He said, his fingers tapping his leg quickly.

"You will have to stay here, as you're very important as a spy here at Hogwarts. You're the only one I can trust to fulfill my goals here." Voldemort stated, trying to calm his son. Hadrian sighed.

"Alright. However you will have to give me something to occupy myself with. The students here would not fair well if I accidently let loose even a fraction of my power." He said.

"I thought you had it under control." Voldemort said, narrowing his eyes.

"I do! I do. But I'm worried it's starting to show more. I can't keep it hidden forever in this place." Hadrian replied, lowering his voice from the yell that had started his sentence. It was Voldemort's turn to sigh.

"Next year, try to find the Chamber of Secrets. It was Salazar Slytherins personal chamber that only Parselmouth's could enter." He said, and then gestured to Hadrian to get up. "Get some rest. You'll need it."

"Goodnight Father." Hadrian said, and walked out.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

This chapter was pretty short, but I brought up something that will be a key point in future chapters. What is Hadrian keeping control over? How does Voldemort know of this? I will answer these questions later on, so I hope you all stay with me!

Amber Silverwood