Wolf Blood: Familiar and not Familiar Faces

POV: Kate

I stepped in front of the orb and my father ran at me.

Here we go

I crouched down when he got close enough, so I could push up and throw him over my shoulder with his momentum towards me, but he grabbed the back collar of my shirt and pulled me with him. My hand boosted me up and I sort of did a one handed cartwheel, so I wouldn't land on the orb which was his plan. It would indeed stun me if it didn't kill me.

"I am quicker than you." He taunted in a laugh. He looked away for a split second and I used that time frame as much as I could. I wheel kicked him and bolts of lightning transferred from the back of my heel to his temple. This would kill any other wolf, but since we are equal it will not kill him. It will only stun him and cause a bit of pain.

"What was that?" I smirked, but I made sure to stay in a fighting stance. I could see Mike and a few other guards watching helplessly, but they were following my orders. I can tell they wanted to help, but my father would kill them with the touch of his finger. I haven't mastered that, because one I don't enjoy killing people and two we don't have many wars or spur of the moment battles, but I know the basics. Let a bolt of electricity flow from the tip of my finger throughout their veins and arteries; in a split second it would reach their heart and it will either explode or just burn from the inside out.

My eyes locked onto his right foot since it shifted slightly and he quickly lunged for the stone, so I stomped on his arm and made sure to burn his skin to stun him. I don't like shoes for a reason.

You need to pick it up now!

'Fuck'

I wrapped my hand around the sphere and initially it didn't hurt, but when I stood up and hurt like a bitch. The pain felt like no other. I've never felt pain like this. It felt like my body was on fire and as if needles were pushing into every square inch of my body. Imagine being set on fire while being stabbed. That is what it feels like.

Shit shit shit, just drop it. Please drop it

'I can't'

"Son of a bitch!" I yelled and I'm sure someone a hundred miles away could hear it.

"Shit," my father muttered and I faced him.

My whole body was visibly pulsing with bolts of lighting, but I pushed it out of my mind and stayed calm so I can holster the energy. I just need to breathe and ignore the pain.

Legend says we can use it as a battery to kill

'Let's test it out.' I smirked at my father's terrified expression before opening my free hand and pointing at him.

How do we make it shoot?

'Like this.'

I focused my energy through my hand the bolts of energy shot through it and sent my father flying a mile backwards. The bolt that came out of my hand was stronger than any other bolt I have ever made.

My wolf made me run to him and I saw his sizzling body. His clothes were on fire in different places and his body smelt like burning flesh.

"You aren't as strong as me. How did you do that?" His words came weakly out of his mouth.

"You may think I am weak. You may think that I am slow. But if you come into my territory and put my pack in danger, I am your worst nightmare. I would take you to the prison so I could torture you, but you could get out of the restraints we have. So I guess that means I'll just have to kill you." I snickered down at him and his face flashed from anger to fear when he saw me slowly open my hand back up.