His face falls when he hears what I say. "Watch what you say about Zander, you rogue." Wow, that really hurt. "So! What happened at the ball?" Cameron throws his hands up in the air, exasperated.

"Why are you asking? Did Callum tell you?" I try to avoid answering the question and I wanted to first get my head straight first before informing anyone. Also, I was still embarrassed.

"Duh! Now answer the question." He was crazy if he thought I'd tell him if I didn't tell Callum who I'm closer to and like more than his ass of a brother.

"Nothing happened." I say to Cameron and he groans while dragging his hand down his face heavily.

"Listen, rogue-" 

"My name is Jessica."

"You don't think I know that already, I just like to annoy you. It's surprisingly entertaining. Anyways, let's not stray from the matter at hand. Just tell me." He growls out trying to over power me, which didn't work.

"Nothing happened, please go away so I can sleep." Cameron stomps his foot and storms out after sending me a glare. Finally! I can get some sleep and try forgetting about this night.

Not a minute after Cameron storms off, another face, friendlier than the previous, pops it's way into my room. It was Callum. He had a sheepish look on his face and I immediately knew that he had sent Cameron to try to get information out of me. Maybe he thought that because he was the Beta, he could get something out of me. For Callum to send someone I didn't like very much to get information, that he couldn't get, was amusing.

Callum was still stood at my door observing me and I just laid in bed waiting for him to say something.

"Jessica, what happened?" Callum finally breaks the tense silence and I roll my eyes.

"Nothing happened. What makes you think that something happened?" This was like the third time I had said the same sentence but they still wouldn't believe me.

"Hmm..." Callum places his hand on his chin like he's thinking hard and continues, "Maybe the fact that I find you alone and crying and then you tell me you wanna leave. WHAT'S NOT SUSPICIOUS ABOUT THAT?!" Callum shouts at the end worrying me a bit. Why is he so pressed?

I stare at Callum with a worried look and Callum breathes in and releases deeply.

"Sorry. Just upset I didn't get to stay long." I feel bad that I disturbed his night but there was nothing I could do now.

"Tell me. Please, Jessica." Callum pouts and I roll my eyes at him. Callum suddenly jumps onto my bed and starts to tickle me. I was extremely ticklish. I start to convulse under him as he reaches underneath the covers and tickles me. I laugh loudly and kick wildly trying to get Callum off of me.

"Haha- Please! St-haha-op!" I giggle and he pauses and I breathe in a sigh of relief.

"Tell me, please." He whispers and I bite my lip. Callum's eyes are filled with joy and I bet mine reflect his. Suddenly, my door slams open and I peek around Callum's shoulder and see Zander standing there. His cold eyes assess the situation and his eyes darken. I look and see Callum straddling me. I hadn't even realised he got into that position and the position looked so bad. Especially after what happened a few hours ago, this looked bad on my part.

"Zander! It's not what it looks like!" I try to explain but once again, Zander let's out a deep growl that practically vibrated the room and strides out. I push Callum off and quickly get out of bed. I feel Callum try to pull my arm but I just shrug him off and place slippers onto my bare feet before running out. I follow the heavy footsteps that I knew belonged to Zander.

I definitely had to explain to Zander. Why did he even come to my room? Maybe he wanted to apologise?

This was his fault. If he respected me and knocked on the door he wouldn't have had to see that. 

Abruptly, I buckle on who knows what and fall to the ground. I fall face flat on the ground. I grunt at the stinging pain and stand up again. I survey the corridors searching for Zander but when I don't see his large frame, I curse and slam my knee with my palm.

I aimlessly start walking down the corridors wondering where Zander had waltzed off to. I went to Zander's room to check if he was there but came up empty. I huff and continue searching. I wouldn't give up. I needed to tell him everything. Well, I didn't need to but I wanted to. I don't know why I care about what he thinks of me.

I smell the pungent smell of smoke fill my nose and I recognise the smell of cigarettes. I was about to walk away when I remember something.

Zander smokes.

After my newfound discovery, I follow the smell and cover my nose while walking as the smell was disgusting. I end up outside and see a large frame leaning on the walls of the pack house. I shiver as a bitter cold breeze flies by. It was cold at this time of the night and I was only wearing a flimsy shirt and trousers.

I see a puff of smoke come from the figure. I step forward to Zander and he doesn't say a word. I'm guessing he was really pissed off.

"You know? I hate being played with." Zander's deep voice mumbles and I swallow.

"Don't you play with those girls' hearts when you have your time with them?" I ask with an accusing tone.

Zander spins around and the first thing I notice are his dark cold eyes glaring at me. His glare was vicious and I felt intimidated instantaneously.

"That's the thing, Jessica." He spits my name out as he flicks his cigarette in between his long, slender fingers. "I don't fucking play with them. I let them know what they're getting involved in, unlike you." Zander snaps and places the cigarette between his plump lips and sucks in the deathly fumes before blowing it out in the air. I cover my nose again but still smell the atrocious smell.

"Are we something? We aren't anything so I'm not really playing with anything." I state, not truly believing my words.

"Bullshit!" Zander snarls and throws his cigarette down on the floor. He stamps on it with so much force, I could feel it.

"You have a mate and couldn't tell me that before we did anything intimate. I may be a player and sleep around but I will never, ever condone infidelity." This man was so stubborn but I couldn't blame him for thinking what he did. However, I blamed him for not allowing me to explain.

"I am not cheating on anyone, Zander! So please, watch how you speak to me." Before I could continue, Zander barks with laughter and I pause looking at him confused.

"You're a good actress, Jessica. I won't fall for your bullshit anymore though." Zander begins to walk off and I try to stop him but my feet were frozen. I opened my mouth to tell him everything but I was scared.

Fuck! Zander was nearly inside! I had to say something now!

"Zander...my mate rejected me." I nervously say and Zander stops walking. I see him tense and he slowly does the thing I feared he most. He walks away. I'm overcome with embarrassment and shame so I storm after Zander. No way was he going to leave me standing there like a fool.

When I get inside, Zander was standing there staring blankly at the plain walls. Creep.

"Rejected. Why?" Zander mutters but I know he's asking me the question.

"I don't know. He said I was a nerd." I sigh and run my hand down my face.

"Seriously? Your mate was a dick then. Don't worry, nerds are cool." Zander reassures me and I smile at him.

"Don't tell anyone but...I'm a nerd too." Zander whispers and I laugh out loud.

"We can be nerds together then!" I exclaim and Zander takes my hand and I feel my heart flutter as my hand is enveloped in his large calloused one.

"Yes, yes we can."

~~~~
What can I say? This chapter wasn't the best but eh.
I can't believe that we've hit 25k views and over 600 votes! This is incredible!! Thanks for all the support I've been receiving and I apologise for not updating testerday. I was just so tired for some reason!
Anyways don't forget to show love xx