Chapter 18- Heritage

Start from the beginning

"Thank you, you are dismissed." He said to the butler. After he left the room Chase turned back to me.

"Go I'll be fine." I ordered.

Chase looked like he was going to argue but decided not to. "Fine but please don't leave this room, I'll be worried if I think you're wondering around unprotected."

"I won't leave now go on." I sighed leading Chase to the door and kissed him goodbye. I was relieved when he didn't fight me on not leaving.

Being alone gave me the chance to check out the parlor by myself. It was a very nice room, beautifully decorated. There were large pictures hanging on the walls, they were nice but I didn't recognize any of them. I walked about the room taking it all in when I noticed a few books on a desk. I picked up the book on the top and read it aloud.

"Family history of the Organization."

I opened the book eagerly wanting to find out more about the family. The first page held what I'm guessing is a large family crest. I flipped though until I came to the index. I went through it rather quickly until something caught my eye. 'Donatello Tavella.' It had to be the same Don, I wonder why he has a different last name. I flipped to the page it was on and it read:

Donatello Tavella, Son of Caroline Hayesworth and Nicholas Tavella. Donatello was born August 18th,1780. He lived with his mother and father for three years until his father took ill and died on November 12th, 1783. A year later his mother Caroline married Alessio Hayesworth her soul mate and became pregnant with a second son Augusto Hayesworth. Both sons were raised equally and were deeply loved by both their parents. Augusto and Donatello grew up to be very close until it was time for their transformations. Augusto refused the throne and his heritage and left out on his own while Donatello stayed and accepted it gladly. 15 years later on his deathbed Alessio handed over his title to Donatello to take as his own. After his step fathers passing Donatello set out to find his brother to tell him the news.

After a year passed until he had finally found his brother cohabiting with a woman named Arianna. The moment Donatello met Arianna he fell in love with her. Augusto not understanding the bond due to not being a vampire at the time vowed to fight Donatello to the death for her. In the midst of their fighting Arianna tried to stop them and was killed. Donatello went into a rage after he saw what happened and took Augusto to the palace to be be tried for murder. On the day of the trial Augusto revealed to the people that he was the sol living heir to inherit the Organization which makes him the rightful leader and not his brother due to no blood relation. They courts convened a meeting and ended up ruling in Augusto's favor and let him go on to rule the kingdom. This very act is what set Donatello on a path of revenge. Before leaving the castle Donatello vowed to return one day to kill his brother and claim his rightful place once again.

"Wow." I said stunned.

Before I turned the page I noticed some words at the bottom and read them. See picture of Arianna on page 375. I quickly flipped through the book only to find it missing. Someone had tore out the page leaving behind little pieces where it was once attached. I sighed in disappointment, I was curious what she looked like.

"I see you have learned a little about me." A voice said behind me. I quickly turned around to come face to face with the person I feared seeing most, Don.

"How did you get in here." I said back away from him.

"Through the door where else?" He laughed. That very laugh is what sent chills up my spine.

I didn't say anything as I continued to back away from him. I hope he has not hurt anyone else. I silently hoped he came here first before visiting the family. I would rather something happen to me instead of them.

"Miss me beautiful?" He smiled.

If I wasn't so afraid right now I would have blushed.

"You don't have to worry, I won't hurt you." He said gently. I know he is trying to play games with my mind. Why would he not kill me? He must be trying to get me to trust him.

"Just like you didn't hurt Augusto." I said shakily .

"He had it coming." He said without a trace of sorrow in his voice.

"What are you doing here." I spat.

"I'm here for you, my love." He smiled.

"I'm not your love, and Chase will be back any minute so leave now." I tried shouting but barely came out a whisper.

"Come with me and I will."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." I continued taking my last steps back until I hit the wall. Suddenly a set of hands grabbed me from behind. Wait a minute walls don't have hands. I screamed just before everything went black but before I lost consciousness my last thought was, Chase I hope you find me soon.

****

Chase POV

"That's the last of them." I stated.

"He's getting more dangerous. He just compelled 10 of our staff to try to kill us." My grandmother said.

"I know, we have to do something. This has gotten way out of hand." Mom said.

"It's time for us to start training for battle." Dad said.

Suddenly a scream was heard and I heard Ashlyn's voice in my head. "Chase I hope you find me soon." I took off in my vampire speed to find her. When I entered the room I saw that was empty. All that was there was a open book lying on the floor and a crumpled up piece of paper laying next to it. When I picked up the paper I seen and it was a picture of Ashlyn in 18th century clothing. At the bottom of the page it read:

Arianna Calitri 1796

As I picked the book up beside of me I put the pieces together. Ashlyn was gone and Donatello has her. I screamed in rage before storming out the door. I won't rest until Donatello is dead. No one takes Ashlyn from me.