Epilogue

Kuroko

I would never forget the loud cheers and the fast beating of all our hearts that day. Sweaty bodies came together in a tight embrace, and I remembered crying my eyes out knowing that we've finally won. The other Generation of Miracles members were there to experience everything - proud smiles plastered on their features knowing that we've beaten the King.

Akashi was speechless as he watched us celebrate. Some of his teammates broke down, yet somehow it seemed as if they saw it coming. When Akashi and I made eye contact, he only gave me a small smile before turning his back away from me.

I never saw him since then.

All of us were gathered in Kagami's house. Alex was glad to finally meet the rest of the team. She was friendly, despite the fact that she went around almost kissing everyone on their lips. Coach was one of them, and she didn't like it at all.

"How's your face, Kagami-kun?" I asked, gently placing my small hand against the warm skin. His eyes softened with my touch and he leaned closer into my hand. The cut was healing now, but I was positive that it still hurt. Kagami decided to show up during my meeting with the other Generation of Miracles members, and I could truly say that Akashi wasn't happy about it.

"It's getting better, I guess."

"You shouldn't have spoken to Akashi-kun like that," I joked. "He's quite sensitive."

"I didn't know he would attack me with a pair of scissors!" I laughed at that.

Kagami shrugged, totally not regretting saying what he said. I only smiled before letting him join the others. I was in the kitchen with coach and Momoi, who decided to come with Aomine just so she could see me. I felt bad for not being able to return her feelings ever since middle school, but Momoi was an understanding girl. She did lectured Aomine about taking good care of me when we were still dating, though. It was amusing.

"I'm so proud of you, Kuroko," Coach said to me with her back leant against the counter. Momoi shifted uncomfortably before leaving us two alone. I never really spoke to coach privately before, so that whole situation made me a little bit nervous. "You've grown so much since the first day I met you. You give out this strong vibe, and because of you we were able to grow stronger."

I blushed. "No, it's not. It's because of everyone. We made it possible, not just me."

Coach smiled. "I'll never forget the light and shadow of Seirin's basketball club when I leave school. I'm glad to be your coach."

I smiled and gave her the hug she needed. Coach Riko was leaving soon, along with the other senpais. It was a bittersweet feeling, but I knew they would come back to watch us play again. We always had their support.

"Let's have a toast," Hyuga-senpai announced with his glass lifted in the air. Everyone happily joined him. With my left hand intertwined in Kagami's right, I lifted up my glass with my right hand. "For the win, and for us senpais!"

Everyone cheered and clinked their glasses with one another. The house was filled with laughter and chatters, which I slowly allowed myself to enjoy. I usually wasn't a party type of person, but just being around my friends and Kagami instantly made me happy. I've always loved this feeling.

Aomine and Kagami ended up drunk after their little fight of who could drink the most. I got a little bit worried, but we were on a holiday, and coach allowed us to relax a little before our next training officially started.

Some of the boys passed out on the sofa. Alex was one of them too, completely wasted as she murmured about missing her flight back home. The sober ones had already gone home. Aomine managed to give me a friendly hug before leaving with an exhausted Momoi.

I was alone in the mini garden outside the house. The cool breeze brushed pass me, sending a wave of chills down my spine. Tetsuya #2 joined me by sitting next to my legs. I smiled and carried him in my arms. Looking into his eyes, I realised they really looked exactly like mine.

"This was a wonderful ride." I said to no one at all. The dog only yawned before placing his head on my lap. I patted its head gently.

The sky was darker than usual, and the stars were obvious in the night sky. I smiled and quietly thanked the gods for granting me a chance to start all over again. I've made new friends, new partner, mended my broken relationships and now I could genuinely say that I was finally happy.

The clouds disappeared. The dark turned to light. I was no longer alone and I knew it. Those people whom I called my friends would always have my back. It was because of them that I've fallen in love with basketball again.

It was all thanks to everyone, that I was finally able to find happiness.

Basketball.

Rebound — The End.

"If we give our best in something we love, we'll enjoy the victory from the bottom of our hearts."
- Kuroko Tetsuya