Chapter 8: You Owe Me One, Kim Yerim

YERI

I can't believe I just skipped my morning classes for the 2nd time, all because of him!

He wanted me to help him remember his childhood that he can't remember and I'm this stupid to agree just because I had high hopes I could get my bestfriend back.

I never fell for anyone's tricks, not even my family. But I just fell for Jeon Jungkook's trickery and I feel so dumb just thinking about it.

I sighed as I held tighter onto the strap of my bag, currently having an existential crisis. Jungkook is walking by my side and is munching something from somewhere. He didn't talk so both of us are quiet, he'll just ask me from time to time if we're near our destination yet.

We're still in Seoul, just around Myongdong. It's early in the morning so it's crowded here with customers buying in the market.

We passed by a convenience store and I stopped, thanking the gods mentally for giving me a place to buy a carton milk to. I entered the store and immediately went to the beverage section and grabbed three cartons of milk.

I turned around and I almost cursed loudly when Jungkook was following me like a mouse. He looked at me innocently and my nose flared, he's acting like some innocent 10 year old when he's clearly the opposite!

"What?!" I asked him irritatedly as I strode past him and went to the cashier.

I wasn't shocked when he spoke behind my back, "You stopped at a convenience store to buy milk? Unbelievable." He mocked and chuckled.

I just shook my head and decided not to give him my attention and just went straightly to the cashier.

I put down the milk and groped my jacket pocket for my wallet but it wasn't there. It must be in my bag so I opened it, too and looked for my possible wallet hide outs but it wasn't there neither. I tried looking at my pockets again just to double check if I'm not hallucinating that I just lost my wallet but it wasn't really there.

Well, now great! I lost my wallet because I went with Jungkook. I bit my lower lip and counted all the unluckiness he gave to me when I called him a name.

I started panicking as the cashier looked impatient as she stared at her newly made nail, waiting for a dollar. I bit my lip as I held the milk, "I won't buy it...I'm short on-"

"Here," Jungkook handed the cashier a dollar so she turned to him and she looked at him wide-eyed as if he just came from the heavens. Her eyes scanned his body and I could tell that she's fantasizing over him because of a slight drool beside her lips.

Jungkook faked a cough that kicked her out of her thoughts so she operated the money and looks at Jungkook from time to time while giving him a seductive smile. She gave him the change and the carton of milk on a plastic bag.

"Let's go, Yerim-ah." Jungkook muttered and motioned me to come with him. I nodded and walked faster to catch up with him.

"Why did you buy it?" I asked as I looked at the plastic bag, he probably won't give it to me. I pouted at the thought. He's very harsh!

"Here," he said and gave me the plastic. I looked at him weirdly and he just gave me a "what-are-you-looking-at" look. I accepted it and immediately opened one carton and drank it.

"Why did you do it?" I said after I drank the half of the milk. He just shrugged, "You lost your wallet. I'm older than you, you're my responsibility because we're outside."

I blushed at what he said. He sounded exactly like Jungkook from years ago. That Jungkook whom I spent my entire childhood with.

I looked down, trying to hide how I flushed at his statement, I muttered a silent thanks to him and he just groaned, "If you thank a person, you'll look him in the eye. Otherwise, he'll think you don't mean it." he reasoned out.

And here's the present Jungkook, everyone.

Fine! Why is he so bossy when I'm around? Ugh. I raised my head and looked at him, "Thank you!" I said with a hint of sarcasm that he didn't seem to notice.

He just chuckled and patted my hair. I was caught off guard at his movement, his eyes get small when he smile and it twinkles. "You owe me one, Kim Yerim."

I sneered at him and smacked him by the arm. I thought it was an act of chivelry. This jerk!

"You're such a jerk!!" I said and he just laughed while I rolled my eyes at him. He laughed hard that he held his stomach while laughing. I stared at him and he acted as if he wasn't with me.

Due to irritation, I just continued walking, leaving him still laughing like an idiot.

"Oi, Y-yerim-ah, wait up!" I heard him shouted and multiple footsteps afterwards. I smiled when he managed to catch up to me but I fake frowned when he looked at me.

"Fine, I'm sorry."

I bit the insides of my cheek to prevent myself from cracking up. He looked hilarious. I wouldn't be able to hold it any much longer when he stopped and looked around so I did, too.

I hadn't noticed that we arrived. It was a playground, it was quiet because it's almost midday and it's school time so there aren't any people aside from us.

"We're here," I announced.

I walked to the swing and sat on it. I swung it slowly as I looked up, feeling the soft breeze touch my skin as the sun slightly prickles it. I felt Jungkook doing the same, too. I did not look at him but I just felt his presence beside me and the slight creaking of metal as he mounted the swing was able to tell me that he walked up to me.

"This is it? I mean it looks.." he trailed off, not wanting to say the word. I let my foot touch the ground so the swing would stop. I looked at him.

"...dull, I know. It looked dead but this is our hide out. This is the place where we met. Our mothers were high school friends and they came to meet each other here, bringing the both of us. While they talked, we played. You treat me carton of milk that time," I said looking at the plastic bag that has three box of milk inside.

Jungkook stayed silent and I felt uncomfortable as the nerving silence kept going. I sighed, trying to ease the tension.

"This is the first place I decided to bring you because it's memorable. March 30, 2007. That was the date. It was after my sister's birthday so I wouldn't forget. It's our friendversary, as you call it. We celebrate our friendversary here. With cupcakes we bought at the bakery nearby and a carton of milk," I continued as I felt slightly nostalgic and teary. I held it back so I wouldn't look that affected.

This time, Jungkook sighed that meant one thing: he still doesn't remember.