Chapter 4: He was the one who replaced me.

new story posted! it'll be seulmin this time. you could check my profile to read it! thank u🖤

YERI

The truth is, it wasn't okay. It was never fine. Once I walked away from him, tears started rolling onto my cheeks.

As I go further away from him, I started sobbing louder. I realized that the silence also has its advantages. It's as if the silence comforts me. The serene silence of the place was rather consoling than imperturbable.

It pained me. So much. He never said anything but his silence is enough to answer my question.

He does not remember me.

It was a hard slap on my face. Your own bestfriend does not remember you. Or maybe I'm the only one thinking I'm his bestfriend. Besides, we've been separated for 9 freaking years. He must've replaced me, he couldn't even remember me.

Once he vanished into thin air like a bubble, I stayed aloof towards everyone except my family. Jungkook hates it when I'm with someone, according to him, he's terrified that I'd replace him. Back then, I still had a tinge of hope that he's gonna come back, I was so alone, but I did that for him, because he's the possessive type. I even listed my experiences and stories so when he'd come back, I'll tell them to him one by one. But no sign of him for the past nine years. But today, we met again. It's as if the world turned upside down, he was the one who replaced me.

Oblivion is what I feared the most, he knows it. That's why I'm calling him oppa since then, so once he heard it, he'll know it's me, once I say it, he'll remember me. But he didn't.

I passed by our classroom, but I didn't stop walking. The third period is already starting and might as well take this advantage to absent. Besides, I'd just space out in class so no thanks. And it's my first time to skip classes, a huge thanks to Mr. Jeon Jungkook for making any of this happen.

I went directly to canteen with my bloodshot eyes and puffy nose. I didn't mind since everyone was on their classes.

The vendor looked at me weirdly but gave me a box of milk, anyway. I gave her my money then sipped the milk. I was just so dumb! Yeri-yah, why are you so pabo?

I'm so full of myself that he'd remember me. But he didn't. I had high expectations that the man who once took a huge role in my life would already come back but he wouldn't budge easily, plus the fact that he'd already forgotten things about me, I was disappointed because I wasn't able to reach that high hope of mine.

Yes, high expectations always lead to disappointment.

I sighed, opening my phone and scribbling something on the internet. I've got one message from Irene-eonni reminding me my treat for her today, I did not text back and just continue sliding down to see something interesting.

I suddenly stopped on tracks as soon an idea popped in my head.

Nae, Yerim. Keuchi! You should make a move to make him remember you!

I stood up, feeling enthusiastic as ever. I threw my carton of milk at the trashcan and stormed out of the place.

You're so intelligent, Yerim-ah.

I mentally pat my head as I thought of ways on how would he remember me.

Operation: Make oppa remember me again.