Chapter 3: Is this the result of sleeping late?

JUNGKOOK

I was taken aback with what this crazy woman said. She looks like a lunatic person, she's cute and seemed familiar but I couldn't recall when was the time I met her.

She is currently pulling me to God-knows-where and I'm shocked that I wasn't even complaining. She's a junior and as far as I know, I hate young people. Especially girls. Plus the fact that she called me an oppa.

That's a no, no, no. Calling me an oppa is a major turn off for me. I mean, I never wanted to associate myself with younger peeps because I've always hate that word. Oppa.

I mean...it's a disgusting word.

I wanted to speak and protest on why was she pulling me, but my mind seemed to fuzz and clench. I'd been focusing on where'd I met her because I've seen her features somewhere I couldn't remember. Besides, I couldn't just shout at her, I still have to be gentle towards a lady, and I have this unnecessary intuition that I must protect her not to harm her.

Damn, this. Is this the result of sleeping late?

Good thing, students were in their classes at the moment, no one would see the both of us, holding each others' hands, otherwise, a rumor might spread around the campus that I'm dating this girl; no hell way. My heart is only for Sooyoung-noona. And she's too young for me, for Pete's sake!

Paranoia started eating me up alive. And finally, I could think straightly again. I immediately stopped on my track and so did she. We stopped at the campus' quadrangle. The quadrangle was huge and I wasn't surprised that we're the only two students passing by this enormous place. She looked at me as if asking why did I stop, and I assume, that's my cue to speak. "Where are we heading?" I asked her cluelessly, but I managed to voice it out without any hint of emotion.

"You really don't remember me, do you?" she muttered. I just stared at her and for the nth time, I tried recalling her. But all I could remember was a blurry image of a young girl. So blurry that I couldn't decipher her features. Was it her?

I'm not so sure.

I opened my mouth, hoping that words would come out like how I spit harsh words towards everyone but only a muffled sound came up. I closed it and just stayed quiet.

The girl, whom I just realized that I still don't know the name, spoke incoherent words, she was muttering under her breath and I couldn't hear what was she saying. Then she looked at me, straight in the eyes.

Her features shout one thing: hurt.

My heart softened at her look. She looked pained and as much as I hate to admit, it also hurt me. Pain shot through my chest and I don't know the reason why seeing her hurt also hurt me.

I stared at her. I watched every inch of her movements and this was the moment I had the chance to stare at her.

She was just a normal girl with a cute height. She's a commoner, her looks are plain, compared to Sooyoung-noona whose looks are perfect, her body is too chubby for my likings, unlike noona whose body is to die for.

But I don't know why, she was a commoner, and she's younger than me. I should hate her. But I felt comfortable with her presence.

She managed to smile at me. Gone was the hurt expression, but she's sad, her smile didn't even reach her sparkling eyes. But I pushed it away.

She reached for my hair through her hands and ruffled it. I should be angry because she ruined my hairstyle for today. One fact about me: I hated anyone who touches my hair. Touch everything but leave my hair alone. But no, I didn't feel angry.

Maybe I was guilty. That's why I'm letting her do this.

"It's okay, Jeongguk-opp—ah. It's fine and I understand your reasons. We haven't met for years and it's normal to forget me. Anyways, I should go. I shouldn't skip classes, you should, too. Goodbye," she spoke again. Her voice wasn't as enthusiastic as earlier. But she tried to sound happy. She smiled at me again and she walked away back to her classroom, leaving me dumbfounded.