CHAPTER 10: "I'm just an employee here."

Start from the beginning

"Mr Reed. Hello again." She greeted as he smiled at her before he took a glance at me.

"I hope you weren't too panicked because of the claustrophobia, were you?"

"Uh I would be lying if I denied," I answered as he let out a small chuckle.

"I guess it's okay for you to be panicked. I mean I can't really imagine what it would feel like to have a fear of closed places." He seemed to be thinking for awhile before he offered both of us to sit down on the chairs which were placed right across his desk.

"Since you just had been through all that, I won't ask you so many questions for your interview, I've got everything I needed to know right here on your resume," he paused, signalling towards the paper on his desk. "But I do want to mention one thing," he added before taking a glance at the girl before turning back to me. Is it something he couldn't say in front of her?

"Mr Sutton had told me everything. And the truth as well," he continued as I noticed the girl frown in confusion.

So that's why he didn't want to say anything more about my truth because she was there.

"Uh you know what I mean and I guess it's all good. We'll just hire you for the job based on your good experience from your past job." I couldn't help but smile.

I actually got the job that means?

"So-" I couldn't form any words.

"So that," I paused to take a breath. "That means I got the job?" I stammered while asking as he smiled.

"Yes you did. We just had an employee who was working on the computer IT sector of the company leave because of personal issues and we needed someone to fill that place up so I'm happy to give you this job." He replied as a big, wide smile fell across my face.

"Thank you so much." I beamed. "Thank you, sir seriously. I really needed this job and I really have to thank you for trusting me with this. Thank you."

"No problem Samaara. Just. One warning." He halted. "Apparently with you getting hired today, our CEO, was also going to hire a head for your IT department," he paused for a second. "As per my advice she will also joint from tomorrow like you. And I know her to be pretty strict and critical with people so just be careful," he paused.

"You definitely are not stupid but since you're very quiet, there are chances for you to get doubted on for your quietness." He completed as I nodded. I get that a lot anyway. Even Mr Sutton had told me the same when he hired me a few years ago.

"Thank you. I will take care." I reassured as he nodded.

"Now. Shailene here was present the whole time so that she could help you down through that elevator again. " He chuckled as the girl whose name I now know to be Shailene smiled.

"Oh." I shifted my gaze to look at her as she also diverted her attention from Mr Reed to look at me. "Thank you for staying to help me." I gave her a small smile as she nodded. I really appreciate her help.

"Should we leave now?"

"Uh. Just a minute." I turned back to Me Reed. "Mr Reed, when do I start and what time?"