NIGHT, 8:30 pm

Shekhawat Mansion was buzzing with slow music, chit-chatting of elders and cheerings of children running here and there playing together. Randhir tried to ignore his bestie's absence but her face was not leaving his mind even for a second. He was glancing at the entrance every second moment expecting she will at least come to his birthday party.

He indirectly casually asked his mother whether they invited his neighbouring friends. Renuka chuckled and directly answered his exact question that they invited 'The Aggarwals'. He got caught and ran from there with little bit blush adorning his innocent face.

Soon the Aggarwals entered with so many presents and his happiness knew no bound!!

"It's okk, I can forgive you for the time. At least you'll remember my birthday now. And at last, you are 'my' Chotu!" His love for her mumbled in his heart and smiled eye to eye.

As Renarsh greeted them wholeheartedly. Randhir moved his head aside to have a glimpse of Sanyukta but he frowned upon not finding her around them. Harsh called Randhir. He went to them puckering his lips. Anju and Kishore wished him and kissed his forehead lovingly. His lips broke into a grin looking at the huge boxes of presents wrapped in a shiny paper.

"Let's go Randhir. It's time to cut the cake, my boy." Harsh smiled and held his hand pulling him towards the center table before he could have asked about the whereabouts of Sanyukta from her parents.

Harsh announced and everybody surrounded the table for the cake cutting. Renuka lit the match-stick and forwards her hand to lit the candles when Randhir held her hand.

"What happened, Randhir?" She gave him a surprised look and lifted an eyebrow.

"Mom! Can we wait for some time? Chotu didn't come yet." He stated while glancing at the door impatiently.

"Who's Chotu? Your new friend?" Harsh asked this time.

"No Dad...Umm..I meant Sanyukta didn't come." He looked down and bit his lips.

Everybody was silent and Sandhir's parents passed a look at each other and smiled at their children. A shrill wailing sound of a girl echoed in the Mansion.

Randhir ran towards the door and halted in between looking at Sanyukta crying badly holding something in her hands.

Sanyukta was dressed in white and pink colour white frill frock looking beautiful as a princess but her left hand was messed up with something dripping out from the thing which she was holding. She came closer and that came out to be an ice-cream cone, recognition dawned on his face she was holding his favourite ice-cream cone. Her eyes were flooding with tears. He gasped looking at her state including their parents. Anju took a step ahead to soothe her daughter but Kishore held her hand and blinked his eyes assuring her.