August 12

Dear Diary,

I met someone tonight.

Before our shift, the boss came into the dressing room and told us all about some bigwig who was coming with his colleagues. He gave us all the chance to perform for them in the Diamond Room. A few of the girls declined, but for an extra three hundred bucks, I jumped at the chance! Plus, the guys in the Diamond Room are always big tippers.

Colette whispered, "Rebecca, are you sure you wanna do this? These are members of the Cammalleri family. You know ..." Warning me, she pushed her nose to the side with the tip of her finger. She watches out for me because I'm new, but she doesn't have to. I've been on my own a long time. I took care of myself with that slimebag, Sal; I can take care of myself now.

The metal pole gleamed in the spotlight. I slowly glided around it, doing a quick sweep of the room like I was taught, and then wrapped my leg around it to start my routine. They barely even watched. Ten pristinely dressed men sat around a table talking and laughing like I wasn't even there. All except for one.

Handsome, clean cut, and polished from head to toe. An expensive suit draped around his large build as if it were tailored just for him. He leaned on both elbows, holding up a folded bill between two manicured fingers. Slowly, I crouched to the floor and crawled over to reap my reward, but he snapped his hand back. He beckoned me closer. When I sat up on my knees between his thighs, he smiled and asked my age. "Twenty-five," I told him, rising to my feet.

I prefer to keep the conversation minimal; just dance, collect the money, and go. But he wouldn't give up, and he smelled so good. So rich and clean. I never knew a man could smell so good before. The scent of money and power emanated off him. It aroused me on sight.

He saw right through my lie and asked me again. By that time, I was straddling his legs and grinding on his lap, but that damn bill continued to taunt me. This guy didn't look much older than I claimed I was, maybe about thirty or so, but here he was, preparing to tip me with a hundred-dollar bill just to talk to me.

"Nineteen," I admitted.

On the floor, men aren't allowed to touch, but in the Diamond Room, anything goes. He skimmed the bill down my neck, between my breasts, and shoved it into my panties before sliding his hands around my ass. "So innocent. Like a little doll."

My ruby lips puckered to a pout. Another guy with a fetish for young girls and I played the part superbly. A big white bow sat on my tailbone, holding together the teensy strip of fabric wrapped around my hips. The matching bra had smaller bows at the top of each cup that tickled my skin when I danced. But I can tell by the way he eyed me like a steak that the part that turned him on the most were the socks. Another set of satin bows graced the top of each knee-length nylon.

The notion of my naïveté made his cock hard. Boners are nothing new to me. You felt one, you felt them all—that hard mass of flesh is part of the job—but something about the feel of him rubbing against me stirred my insides. There was no shame in it. His crystal eyes stared right through me, owning my body for the short moment we were together.

When the dance was over, my G-string was full, and I backed off, but he wouldn't let me go. "What's your name, doll face?"

"Anastasia," I lied.

"Your real name."

By now, the men in the room were paired off with girls. No one was listening, so I figured what's the big deal? "Rebecca."

"Biblical. Daddy must be proud," was his response.

"Well, if I ever find out who he is, mister, I'll be sure to ask him." The words rushed out too fast for me to suck them back in. This is why I try not to talk. I have no filter. My smart mouth is always getting me into trouble.

His eyes sparkled, and the corner of his mouth quirked up. I turned to leave, but he grabbed me again. "Name's Jack." He reached into his pocket. The neon lights shone on the golden money clip holding the stack of cash in his hand. "How much for your attention the rest of the night?"

With wide eyes, I stared down at the wad. My lips parted, but no sound emerged.

"Listen, doll. From now on, I'm your daddy. You dance only for me. Got it?"