Suddenly, I got an idea. "Levi, come with me. There's something I want to show you."

I know Petra's gonna be confessing there, but I seem to have a feeling he'll find out about it before she even confesses.

Levi looked at me with a raised eyebrow, but said nothing as he stood up.

I led him away from the camp and to the grassy cliff that hung over the lake.

"Look." I gestured a hand towards the lake, and I could see Levi's eyes widening slightly.

We stood side by side together, gazing at the beautiful view of nature. "Isn't it beautiful?" I whispered, glancing at him.

His eyes never left the lake. Sparkles from the lake reflected in his steel blue eyes, making it seem soft.

"Yeah," he breathed out.

He was completely mesmerized.

I placed my hands behind my back. "I knew you'd like it. You've always been a fan of the night for as long as I can remember."

Levi didn't reply, he only gave me a small nod.

Suddenly, something snapped in him and he looked away abruptly, covering his face.

I gave a worried glance, but I didn't dare take one step near him. His reaction seemed too familiar with the 'dehydration' incident. And yes, I still remember that incident. Like I can forget it anyway.

He gave his head a little shake, followed by deep breaths, before he straightened himself back, his soft gaze gone and his expression stoic once again.

"It's late. You should head to bed, I'll watch guard."

He went way off topic.

I shrugged, and headed back towards camp with me rubbing my hands together for warmth.

"Night bitch."

"Night brat."

***

I was awoken from my sleep when I felt shuffling beside. Glancing beside me, I saw Levi trying to get comfortable in his sleeping bag, which made me uncomfortable since he was nudging and poking me.

I continued staring at him, until he finally noticed and gave me a surprised and annoyed look. "What the hell are you looking a--"

I quickly covered his mouth, nuffling his voice as beside me, Petra slightly stirred, only to sleep again.

"Quiet! You're gonna wake her up!" I whispered, glaring at him.

He roughly took my hand off his face, his glare deepening. "So?"

"Because I care about her, and you should too! She's trying to rest!" I hissed, still keeping my voice low.

Levi narrowed his steel blue eyes glinting with faint light. "But why should I care about her, when I have better things to fucking care about?"

His words threw me in shock.

Why should I care?

I gulped. If he really meant what he said, then more or less I can predict the outcome of Petra's confession.

I laid back down, completely ignoring Levi.

Should I tell Petra not to confess?

But I'm her wingman, all I'm supposed to do us support her. Sire, I told her about the chances of rejection, but that's as far as I can go.

It's not my place to tell her not to confess. And if I do that, I'd sound like a jealous bitch or something.

I glanced at the girl sleeping peacefully next to me.

I can't stop her from telling her feelings for that bitch. That's just wrong.

Even if I know the answer, I should just support her, before and after the confession.

I suppose that's what's best.

I clenched my teeth. Love is too complicated, not to mention, if handled in the wrong way, it could ultimately destroy a friendship.

A person could start acting differently because of love. A person could avoid you because of love. Your friendship with many could be destroyed with love. (Trust me, Author-chan knows.)

That's why love isn't something I want.

Not if it will make my life more than the disaster it already is.

My mind suddenly wandered back to Levi's words.

When I have better things to care about?

I frowned, snuggling deeper into my sleeping bag. Whatever. It isn't my business anyways, but that won't get rid of my suspicion towards him.

I know he's got something behind his back.

Mikasa and Hanji too.

They seem too fishy to be normal, but I'm not going to confront them now. I'll just wait for the whole thing to reveal itself.

-

-

-

But looking back from the future to the old me, I wished I did.