I shut my eyes forcefully, not wanting to witness another murder again.

What surprised me, though, was that no one in the room stopped Cole. Not even his so-called followers. Some even managed to escape without being noticed.

Did no one care for him?

"I think we should give him a chance."

All eyes turned to see James leaning on the roofless pillar.

His eyes were solely focused on Asmodeus.

My jaw bone dropped to the ground, not willing to mask the shock.

Out of all the people, was James giving Asmodius a chance? If anything, he should be the one to tear Asmodius' heart apart.

"Why?"

Sid asked, looking utterly confused, which was a reflection of everyone's, including Asmodeus'.

"Because I know his pain."

That was all James said before marching out of the wooden doors.

Everyone was dumbstruck. Even Ryan opened and closed his mouth several times like a goldfish.

"He is the reincarnation of evil himself. Even so, I think I will go with James's suggestion."

Now it was time for everyone to look at me. Ryan literally burned holes through my head. At least he's out of the daze.

"What? I just voiced out my thoughts."

I looked at Cole in a pleading manner. His sword was stuck high in the air, not knowing where to land after James's sudden declaration.

"I know he did many cruelties, but if James and I could forgive him, then why can't you guys? It was terrible losing my parents and I still want to kill him for that, but now he also knows the pain. He is alone in the world, just like me and James."

"You are not alone."

Ryan's angry eyes reformed to sympathy.

"But he is. I know this is too much, but all we ask is to give him a chance. A chance to correct his mistakes. Please. Otherwise, what is the difference between him and us?"

Pin drop silence followed my statement.

I averted my eyes from Ryan's after hearing the clatter of metal. Cole had thrown his sword to the floor. But no one moved except Asmodeus. He looked at me with grieving eyes and mouthed.

"I am sorry. I am sorry for everything."

I suddenly felt like the most contented person on Earth.

"And I'm sorry for your loss."

I mouthed back at him. And I really meant what I said. A ray of sunlight divided the room, showing the beginning of a new day for everyone.

.................................................................

We stayed at Asmodeus' palace for two days, burying every individual who lost their lives, including Henry.

I couldn't sleep three whole nights thinking how peaceful Ignacia looked while being cremated (for she is the fire goddess).

On the way to our castle, Ryan told me that Ignacia gave her life to bring back Helena. I didn't know whether to be happy or sad after hearing that. Of course, only Ignacia would do such a stupid thing. But the death of Helena would also have affected us so much. The emotion I felt was bipolar. I was glad to get my best friend back, but giving up my mentor and life saver was hard.

As she gave me her power of fire, only life was transferred to Helena.

Sid said that Helena was hysterical after knowing how she regained her life. She even tried to reverse the spell, but it was in vain considering Ignacia was much more powerful. But somewhere deep inside, I felt a little revealed that the reverse spell did not work.

Was I being selfish?

I groaned into the pillow of my bed, muffling my sounds.

Elizabeth was so happy seeing us all in one piece. Can't blame her there, though. Marg tackled me to the floor, giving me bear hugs. Eva and Rosalie were always with me, while Nami didn't leave my side, even at night. Nathan was more than happy to see me and surprised everyone by carrying me from the floor and hugging me like I was his child.

I felt relieved coming back home. Yes, home. This is my home. This is where I should be. But Ignacia's death somehow created a hole in me.

I was startled when someone knocked on the door.

"Yes?"

"Can I come in?"

Of course, the velvety voice is always welcome to the room. But I did not dare say it out loud.

"Yeah sure"

Disheveled hair greeted me, followed by tired, jet-black eyes.

He had been busy for the past week and the occasions we met were rare.

He had to break down the gigantic walls and minimize the guards to only for the requirement.

After all, there's nothing to be scared of anymore.

The dark creatures were all being good boys and helped Ryan through everything. I have learned a few words of their 'God knows what' language, though it is not at all necessary. Our mind link is pretty good on its own.

"Hey."

Ryan joined me on my bed, where I was sitting cross-legged, leaning on the headboard.

"Hey to you too. How was your day?"

I enquired while ruffling his hair.

"Hectic as usual. But I think I managed to settle, almost."

"Really? So no more MIA."

Ryan chuckled at that and shook his head, yawning in the process.

"When have you last slept properly, Ryan?"

Dark circles and bags were visible around his eyes. He seemed to be thinking while yawning again. Is he being serious?

"I don't remember."

I sighed at him and patted my lap.

"Care to join?"

"But I have little more to do."

"That can wait until you get your beauty sleep. Now come on."

He thought for a second, but gave up too soon. Like an obedient child, he placed his head on my lap and covered himself under the duvet.

I massaged his scalp, and within seconds, his eyelids started to become heavy.

"Atty?"

His sleepy voice filled the room. And God, is it hot?

"Hmm?"

"I love you."

Ryan's breathing steadied shortly after, giving me a flutter in my stomach.

"I love you too, Ry."

All the gaps in my heart were filled with love for him. Everything was for good. Ignacia's body may have left us, but her soul is always within me, as I am continuing her legacy.

****************************

Don't forget to vote and comment...