He is mine....

I had the face of a conqueror when I met everyone back in the room.

"So how did it go?"

Helena asked, hopping towards me. Her face was glowing unlike previous days. I am so happy for her and Sid.

"Must have concussed her brain. It's not that easy, especially for her. Requires lots of hard work, you know."

For the first time, I didn't respond to James's harsh comments but decided to show him.

Ryan was sitting on the couch smirking, as if he knew what was about to happen.

I closed my eyes and snapped. Within milliseconds, a dark creature took shape beside James and caught both his hands.

A few gasps and cursing filled the room, making me smirk. James was standing like a statue, his gaze fixed on me. I could see surprise, shock and.... respect? Maybe I was imagining. Anyway, he had a mixture of emotions on his face.

I looked around to see Cole completely shocked with his hand caught in midair with an apple and his mouth wide open. He was definitely eating.

Helena didn't say anything, neither did Adrian.

Sid was the first to melt the ice by coming towards me and pulling me into a wide hug.

I think I am going to die of suffocation, but it's worth it.

"I knew you could do it. You made me a proud brother today."

I released a shaky breath, emotions suddenly surfacing my mind. I know I have said 'thank you' to God several times, but I feel like it's still not enough for giving me them.

After Sid, it was Adrian who side hugged me like a gentleman.

"I would really like to squeeze you with a bear hug right now, but let's just say that I am teeny weeny scared of what comes as a result."

I barked into laughter hearing that. Mr. Adrian, the man who kidnapped me, is now intimidated by me. How cool is that? It actually boosted my confidence to the next stage.

Cole's turn was next. And as expected, he ruffled my hair like I am a puppy and hugged me gently.

"Lillian would have been so proud."

On hearing her name, unexpected moisture filled my eyes.

"You think so?" I asked softly, losing my previous high pitched sound.

"Of course she would be. And so will Raphael."

I gave him a genuine, yet sad, smile.

Helena toppled me with all her strength and squealed right near my ear.

"I am so happyyyyyy....."

From when did she become a child?

"What the hell did you do to my witch friend?" I asked, still laughing.

"Oh, I sent her away. I don't think I'll need her anymore."

That part was aimed at Sid, who responded to her with a romantic smirk. If only that exists, anyway, it was pretty cute.

"If all your celebrations are over, will you ask this crazy monster to leave me?"

We all turned to look at an uncomfortable James.

"What?" He asked, looking downwards.

That was enough for all of us to erupt into fits of laughter. Even Ryan was silently laughing, shaking his shoulders.