Game for him, war for another..

I sat near Helena, who was still under her covers, narrating the whole incident about Cole. Somehow, I managed to exempt the nightmare part. She's only going to get more worried than now. And I really don't want her to do that.

After listening to everything patiently, Helena removed her blanket and pulled me into a warm embrace.

"I am so happy for you and Cole."

"Me too..."

There was a comforting silence between us, but not for too long.

"She chose Cole over Ryan?"

We both jolted around to see the unwanted presence. And there he was, with an amused smile.

"What are you doing here, James?"

I asked, irritated.

"Last time I checked, it was my house"

His stupid smirk.

"So your cocky nature is back."

I said, thinking how serious he was before they all left.

"What to say.......it's in my blood?"

I did not respond to his smugness. Why should I? It's just a waste of time, anyway.

After half an hour, we all gathered in the living room.

There was a serious tension between Sid and Helena, but luckily no one addressed it, not even James.

"Well, we came to know about some of Ignacia's whereabouts and luckily she's in the forest, but difficult to reach."

"Tell us something we don't know."

Cole yawned and looked bored, making Adrian unable to complete what he was about to say.

Cole has a point there, though he expressed it in a little rude manner.

We all know that Ignacia's in this forest, according to certain informants of Ryan, and that's exactly why we are here. And we also know that Ignacia is difficult to find. Well, who doesn't?

"Do you know that Ignacia is being chased by Asmodeus and she's hiding here?"

We all looked with wide eyes at Ryan. He was casually sitting, as if he just did not say that.

"She's being chased?"

It was Sid this time. Oh, I forgot he went for a walk instead of going with them.

"And that too, by Asmodeus?" Helena completed our thoughts.

Adrian sighed.

"Well, I was coming to the point before being rudely interrupted by a particular someone."

He sent daggers at Cole, who was clearly enjoying this.

Werewolves' and vampire's ego problems. I mentally face palmed myself.

"Just continue already, Adrian."

An impatient Sid said.

"Oh, about that, Asmodeus knows that Ignacia is the only one who can give us information that we require and somehow he wants to block it."

"Which means he doesn't want us to know what happened on that night."

James stated, as if reading my mind.

"This only makes the thing more important. And we also have to find Ignacia before Asmodeus does."

Adrian pointed at the obvious.