t w e n t y n i n e

• ❁ •

Good morning, sunshine.

I didn't want to wake you up, you were sleeping soundly so don't get upset please. Now wipe that frown off your face.

And before you freak out or anything, no I wasn't kidnapped or taken by some evil guy against my will.

Basketball practice for next week's championship. Be back soon, lovely.

Have a great day.

-Niel

That simple, heartfelt and sincere letter from him carved a smile on my lips and made my day. Although I was a bit annoyed that I mostly slept in the whole day, I don't want to dwell on that thought any longer.

It's safe to say everything is back to normal.

I was finally back in our apartment, no longer broken or filled with anger. I missed it so much. Living for several days with Chaeyoung made me long for the place where it all began. But more importantly, I missed the feeling of just waking up in the morning and the first thing my eyes lay upon is Daniel's smiling face.

This place holds so many memories that I kept deep in my heart. Coming back here as a couple instead of just best friends/roommates gave me nostalgic sensation, something that I will probably never get over. It boggles me up to this day and Daniel always scolds me for doing so.

"When will you get over the fact that I chose you to be my girlfriend?" He asked me one night in a teasing manner, yet there was a hint of seriousness in his voice.

"Honestly," I pursed my lips. "Never."

"Well, you'll eventually get used to it." Daniel inched a bit closer as he placed as he reached out and intertwined our hands together. "Especially now, since I told Mom and Dad about us."

Shocked, I yanked my hand back from his grip and I felt my jaw drop on the floor as the colors from my face disappeared.

"You told them?" I breathed.

Daniel nodded. I found myself having breathing difficulties because for one, I'd completely forgotten the fact that his parents had no idea of what was happening despite my duty of updating them once in a while. Second, I was absolutely terrified.

His parents are the sweetest couple I've ever seen in my entire life. But with all the change that's taking place right now, I was nervous they might not approve of all of this.

"Why? Are you scared?" He asked confusedly.

Biting my lower lip, I admitted, "A little."

"Only a little?"

"Okay, fine. I'm shaken to my core. What did they say?"

Daniel took a deep breath as he was preparing to say something dreadful and I held my breath, bracing myself for the worst. "They said, 'what took you kids so long'?"

I blinked. "What?"

He burst into fits of laughter, tears forming at the corner of eyes yet I couldn't tell what was so funny. "You should've seen your face, it was epic!"

"Seriously?" I said as I furrowed my eyebrows. "Don't scare me like that!"

"Aw, did I scare baby Danri?" He cooed in an irritating way that made me want to throw a pillow at his face.