f i f t e e n

• ❁ •

"You don't have to do this, you know."
I told him.

"For the last time, I told you it's okay,"
He replied with more assurance this time, probably annoyed with my constant yammering. "And besides, Chaeyoung asked me to bring you home safely."

"I'm capable of taking care of myself, thank you very much."

"I didn't say you couldn"t," Minhyun chuckled softly. "I know that."

Okay, fine. Maybe dragging Minhyun with me to buy my art materials wasn't a bad decision. In fact, it was nice to know a fellow art student was with me. When I'm with Chaeyoung, she gets easily bored and insists on waiting outside.

"Do you plan on buying new brushes?" Minhyun asked me, gazing at the displays.

I shook my head as a response. "My brushes are still okay. My acryllic paints are running out so I wanna buy new ones."

He nodded his head understandingly. "Are you perhaps painting again?"

"Yep," I replied. "It's a secret though, so don't tell anyone."

Minhyun raised an amused brow. "A secret?"

"Shhh," I playfully whispered, placing my finger on my lips. "You're not supposed to say it out loud."

He let out a small laugh as shook his head at my antics. I almost forgot how reserved and distant Minhyun is from people. It was refreshing to see this new side of him.

"I could keep a secret," Minhyun said.

I pursed my lips, and contemplated in my head. In the end, I decide to tell him. I'm going to need all the help I can get.

"Daniel's birthday is coming soon so I'm currently preparing his gift. But he doesn't know, though." I explained.

"So, you're surprising him?" He asked, to which I nodded.

I gave him a dubious look, "You promise you won't tell anyone?"

"Do I look like someone who tattletales?"

"Touché."

Minhyun shrugged coolly while I bit my lip to stifle a giggle. Then, we proceeded on roaming the shop and eventually went our separate ways. Busily, I indulged myself picking the specfic paints I needed whereas Minhyun wandered off to the canvas section.

When I was finished and ready to go, I head down over to the counter where I was cheerfully greeted by the lovely cashier. I've been buying my art supplies here since forever and became sort of their regular customer, to the point where I befriended the owner.

"Yah, do you plan on staying here forever?" she said in a jokingly manner, raising an eyebrow.

"Am I allowed too?" I grinned cheekily.

Yeoreum smirked and then shook her head. I let out a small laugh. Yeoreum is the manager and owner of the store despite her youthful looks. Most people don't believe it but she's only two years older than me. When I first started buying here, she was the one who ushered me until I became a regular and we started chatting more than usual.