The Note by Astrid Hammer

Dear Laurie,

I'm sorry if I trouble you. I'm sorry if you guys suffer with what I left for you guys to finish. I don't know you personally Laurie, except for the smile and little wave on the hallway. If you don't remember, I can recall back to the day you were still in the writing club, when the teacher randomly pass out our work for an anonymous reader, I got yours. You were excellent, I was blown away. I marked it high because you deserves it. And when I found out you stop attending, I just thought what a waste of talent.

Back to why I did this, why I do this to all of you. It was just a pure curiosity built up when I was laying down on my bed, at 3am, hopeless. I was wondering what is it going to be like after I'm dead? Will mom still bake her famous pot pie? Will there still be animals came around our home every week for check up? Will dad still be awesome as he is? Will Ashton be okay? That's just my family, what about school? Everyone probably know my name. I just hope Fiona don't walk alone.

The day I was told my time would come, the day my family told me that my life would end, I want nothing but to see what actually happen after I died. I don't know how the world on the other side work but if my spirit is not on earth, I'm sorry, I would've help you if I could.

I'm on the run to find the right person to write my last book, not Fiona, not Aria, not someone who knows me. I want someone who don't have any idea of who I was, so the person sees me as a blank book until the email sent to the them. The blank book will be written as the journey takes, which is the perfect way to reveal the things I'm too afraid to say or choose not to say. But days passed I got scared that still couldn't find the right person.

Then one day, Laurie, you came up to me, telling me it's going to be okay, and at that moment I knew you are the right person. You cared, and those words, I needed it that time.

Well, if you are reading this note you probably already found the manuscript, the blank manuscript. This is why I said, It only possible with you guys. Let the world know your journey, the talent you have and let it be known that i have a story, not just a girl with cancer.

The death doesn't end my life but it ended by you.

Love, Astrid Hammer.

***

A/N this is the note Fred slip into Laurie's hand.