I think we're friends

A/N: Wow! Only like 3 chapters left! Finally this long ass fanfic is gonna end! (Jk I've actually really enjoyed writing this)
Sensitive subject warning and Ninten's POV:

Ness and I quickly ran after the girl back to the town square. Lucas had only been and home for an hour and he had already gone missing!

Maybe Ness was right when he said everyone just ignores him.

No. That can't be true. Lucas' father looked so happy to see him and so did all of his friends. They all cared.

The thing that I was worrying about the most when We heard the news of Lucas' disappearance, was his Psi. I could tell that Lucas was trying to not to get upset... for Ness' sake but that would just make his Psi worse.

I bet Lucas just wanted some time to himself. With all that's happened, it's completely understandable.

Finally, Ness and I reached the center of the town square. Everyone was in panic, especially Lucas' father.

"H-He was right here! Where did he go!?" Lucas' father cried.
"Don't worry Flint, Lucas' friends have agreed to help look." The pink haired girl tried to reassure. Lucas' father turned to us and thanked us for helping.

"Where do you think he went?" Duster asked
"H-he either went to the sunflower fields or back home!" Lucas' father answered in a panic.
"Duster! You head to the house and see if he's there and I'll take the fields." The girl explained.

Ness looked as panicked and worried as everyone else. However, he was confused and couldn't keep up with what was being said.
"It'll be okay Ness." I reassured.
"I-I just need to know if he's okay!" Ness cried out.
"If he can survive being attacked by multiple starmen, then I think he'll be okay." I said. Ness gave me a small smile in thanks.

"Hey! Tall kid!" The girl called, clearly addressing me. "Go with Duster to see if Lucas is at home."
"Aw, how come you get to go with the girl." I complained to Ness. He shrugged while giving me a grin.

"Hat boy! You're coming with me to the fields"! The girl loudly announced before she grabbed Ness' arm.

Lucas' father has asked if he could go home to look. Duster agreed before our small group of three set off.
"If you find him Kumatora, send out a flare using your Psi!" Duster added. The girl nodded before we left.

How come Ness got to go with the girl? He told me that he hates sunflowers and will do anything to avoid them! Come on, this girl even has Psi! I know everything about Psi. So it would have made sense if I went with her!

Lucas' father lead the three of us. I was in the middle and Duster was at the back. We walked along another empty road. Bushes and flowers covered the grass around us. The sky was no longer blue, now more of a light grey color, almost like it was going to rain.

"So... what's happened to Lucas in the past week?" His father asked.
"Oh, I-I'm not really the right person to be asking. I-I really don't know what's been going on. All I know is that my friend found Lucas washed up on the beach one day and after that, they became friends." I shrugged. I wasn't planning on mentioning Porky, since that would worry Lucas' father even more. "He and Ness are very close... don't worry, Ness is a really good friend." I added. Lucas' father didn't say anything.
"Well, I'm glad that Lucas is finally making friends." Duster smiled. After that, we walked in complete silence.

Unnoticeably, Duster walked beside Lucas' father and began to have a serious conversation. I guess they had just forgotten that I was there since I was being very quiet.

"How was Lucas while I was gone?" His father asked.
"Not good Flint, not good." Duster shook his head. Lucas' father turned to Duster with a worried look on his face.
"What do you mean, not good!?" He asked.
"When Kumatora and I found Lucas... h-he was in a state that you wouldn't want to see anyone in." Duster answered sadly.
"What happened!?"
"I-I don't wanna say if it'll make you feel like a bad father."
"I don't care Duster! Just tell me what happened to Lucas!"