Preface

Welcome to Deathsworn!

UPDATE January 29, 2020: I have begun uploading a revised edition to the series. Chapters with the : symbol instead of the infinity symbol are the new chapters. This isn't a simple edit, but an overhaul, with some plot changes and scene deletion/addition. I was tempted to keep this revision for premium website members, but as the first book, I decided it needed to be the best version it could be. Free or not.

UPDATE October 29, 2019: a WEBCOMIC has been planned for this series and will be uploaded on Webtoon on February 20, 2020.

UPDATE July 4, 2019: I have been approached by the Wattpad Team for an offer to join their Paid Writers Program (a paywall). I decided to turn them down. Please rest your hearts that this series will remain free on Wattpad. There were also restriction clauses that would not work with my plans for this series, so I didn't think it was for me.

This is also a testament of this book's quality. If the peeps up there think it's good paywall material, then it's definitely worth your time! Enjoy!

You're probably going to skip this part because you're not interested, but this chapter is not here for just the votes. Hear me out, because from here, unless important, I'll avoid diddle-dawdling on the beginning and ends of my chapters for useless announcements and greetings unless truly important. I know for sure, it gets in the way of your immersion and reading experience, so I'll refrain.

I'll say this now: DO NOT COMPARE THIS TO THE CASERIES. I know I'm authoring that series as well, but this one is DIFFERENT. And I know evaluations that will compare the other series to this one will be unfair because, face it, it's the FIRST BOOK while the CASeries has SIX.

I am NOT aiming to make a similar book to Valeriana's story because that will be unfair to this series' characters and also unfair to you. If you came here from the CASeries, welcome, but refresh yourself and remember: THIS IS A NEW JOURNEY. If you're looking for the same story, the same chemistry, go back and reread the other series, not this one. If I wanted to make a story with the same style and the same everything, I would've written a sequel, not a new book.

There is one thing I'll guarantee: EVYIONNE WILL NOT DISAPPOINT. And this is a promise I will make to you, to myself, and to the book!

For all my years of writing on Wattpad, no genre has struck me quite like fantasy. Deathsworn is an extra special baby, even if it's not planned, because it's the fruit of seven years of experience and four years of college. I have learned a lot on my time in this community, even if my fellow critics and scholars has labeled Wattpad a shitty site.

It's not really [so]. Don't believe them. I've continued writing, sharing, and communicating with my readers for the reason that I know it's worth it.

While I'm not guaranteeing this'll be anything that's up anyone's alley, it definitely is in mine-that's why I'm writing it, babe. It's not going to be perfect, but I believe that a good readership and a supportive community will tide it through. That being said, criticisms are fine. I'd like you to be open about your opinions. And while I'll be grinding my teeth through the bad ones, it's a part of the craft.

As a bonus, I'm also dabbling on digital art. Please excuse my poor attempts at drawing the characters or the things I've imagined on this story which you'll be seeing in the next few chapters. They're just sparks of inspiration.