Chapter 5 - Concerned

"Are you sure?"

"For the tenth time, Narelle I'm fine."

Celeste turn to face the boy who has been bringing her comfort for the last thirty minutes since putting her Grandmother back to bed. She locked gazes with his silver orbs which still held concern for her just as they had since night.

"Just confirming." He held up his hands, surrendering.

"You have any idea what she meant?"

Narelle shook his head knowing what Celeste was referring to. "None whatsoever. She is a witch that's for sure. But there's no clue to where she came from and who she is. Her powers are dangerous if she could invade your grandmother's dream."

"Where do all these people come from?" Celeste flopped down on her bed to emphasize her frustrated state. "I mean, you, Syrah, the Moon Goddess and now a witch that invades people's dreams. You're all like a bunch of aliens from a different planet or something."

Narelle chuckled at the words of the young girl. She was right in all senses since their kind are actually from different species of the spiritual world. He was just on the good side for now.

"Well we're not aliens that's for sure but yes, we are very different from you humans." Narelle walked closer towards the bed and took a seat beside Celeste. "There are two main leaders in the spirit world. For the Ying, we have a sorceress and for the Yang, we have a wizard. These two main leaders are the ones who keep watch over the rest of the elements and their subjectives. Like my mother, she controls the nights and Cyrus, my Father, controls the light of the day. Without these two, the ying yang world would become imbalance since they both affect each other. All hell will break loose if those ties were broken."

"So what happens if one of them dies?" Celeste questioned with curiosity plastered across her face. She was getting drawled into this fascinating world of species the more Narelle spoke about it and the fact that she had met the Moon Goddess herself.

"Death is unaffected. We are spirits. The only way for us to not exist is if one of us is vanquished back to condemnation by the most powerful witch."

Celeste furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"What that means," Narelle focused his eyes on the young girl beside him. "Is that my soul will become trapped forever in what you humans call the afterlife, only its not exactly that."

Celeste's eyes widen upon hearing such information and the thought of losing Narelle to a place she won't be able to see him unless she's dead made her cringed. Yes they've only known each other for a while but she started to develop a liking towards the strange boy. She felt a strange urge to help him and protect him at the same time and that is so useless since she was only human. Something that was powerless against these species.

Narelle felt Celeste's demeanor changed from curious to terrified upon hearing his last sentence and he began to regret telling her this much. She was not ready for their world. Neither was she ready to hear the truth.

"Celeste," Narelle whispered the young girl's name seeing her head lifting to meet his gaze. He stared into her blue orbs that seem to hide so many things he didn't know where to start guessing. "Nothing will happen to me. You don't have to worry."

"We will never know, Narelle." Celeste responded with concern lacing her voice. "Anything could happen between now and later. Especially with Syrah chasing you around."

She was right. This Narelle knew but refused to admit it. He will never know what could happen between the battle with the sorceress when the time comes. She was powerful and he could lose his soul easily to her as he wasn't a wizard yet. But he didn't want to dwell on the possibility now that his life is changing all because of one human girl. She was getting under his skin for reasons he wasn't aware of.

"I'm not that vulnerable Celeste. I promise, nothing of that sort will happen."

Celeste stared at the boy trying her hardest to believe his words. She still felt he was hiding something but she nodded her head in response wanting to keep her emotions at bay.

A moment of silence fell upon the pair as both were deep in thoughts.

"It's getting late. We should get some sleep." Celeste broke the silence rising from her position at the foot of the bed.

"You should get some sleep. I'm fine for now." Narelle assured Celeste who sported a curious look.

"I mean, I don't really feel sleepy." Narelle scratched the side of his head awkwardly. "You go ahead. I'll be right here if you wake up."

Placing her hands on her hips, Celeste gave Narelle a pointed look.

"We will sleep. Together. I won't have you staying up at night staring at the dark all because you want to."

"But-"

"No. You will sleep too. Come," Celeste marched forward and took Narelle's hand into hers pulling him to the other side of the bed she has never really slept on. The left was always the spot that made her drowsiness become easier to fall into.

Narelle smiled and allowed the young lady to drag him along.

"Alright, fine." He spoke lying down flat on his back with his hands placed firmly behind his head. "You don't mind sleeping with me, I don't mind either."

After looking at the strange boy smiling and staring at her, Celeste realized what she had done and a wave of nervousness suddenly shook her body from head to toe. She began cursing herself mentally at how stupid her human self can be at times.

Slowly getting in on her side of the bed, Celeste pulled the covers up to her chin all this while with Narelle watching her every move. He grinned at her awkwardness and continued to stare at the young girl who had captured his heart from the first time they had met.

"This was what you wanted?" Narelle teased Celeste who just gave him a glare and turn onto her side facing away from him. She reached for the switch at the bedside table and tugged on it, bringing the room to blackness.

"Goodnight, Angel." Was the last words Celeste heard before giving away to the sleep that was calling out to her.

_______________________________________

Hi everyone! It's been a while. This chapter is kind of short and just a filler for the upcoming events. So stick around for the adventure. 😉

Hope you're enjoying the story so far.

Leave me some love if you do.

Until next time.....

Dee ;)