Chapter 4 - Strange Visits

Stifling another yawn that wanted to escape her lips, Celeste turn on her side facing the window. She was waiting for Narelle to come back as he had said but the hours flew by signifying he wasn't coming anytime soon. Sleep clawed at Celeste's eyes as she struggled to keep them open.

However, the struggle ended after a couple minutes and Celeste willingly gave in to the sleep that was calling out to her. Suddenly, a bright light invaded her closed vision and she quickly jolted awake to see who the intruder was.

Her eyes widen in pure astonishment when she realized what was happening before her eyes. White light was the only thing Celeste could form from the image and she stared ahead with much interest.

"Hello, Celeste." A voice spoke at which the blurry image was morphed into a woman with long flowing hair and striking beauty that only the Goddess could bless someone with.

A gasp left Celeste's lips at the woman's powerful aura and she backed away to the direction of the wall that was hidden by the bed.

"Who are you?" She barely spoke but the woman had heard.

"Please, don't be afraid. I come in peace." The woman held up her hand as a sign to say she had no bad intentions. "I have a favour to ask you, Celeste."

What favour was this woman talking about? Celeste wondered. She was curious to know but instead she asked what was currently going through her mind.

"How did you know my name?"

The woman smiled at the young lady before her. She didn't want her to be scared since she was clueless about their world and their kind. So she quickly began on what she came here to do in the first place.

"My son, Narelle is in danger. I need your help. You are the only one that can truly keep him safe."

Upon hearing the word Narelle and safe in one sentence, Celeste became interested in what the strange woman had to say.

"What do you mean? How can I help him?" She replied wanting to know more.

"You have to get close to him. Bring him to the world of love in order to prevent him from breaking the ties. He will become powerful in the battle if he is void of any emotion. You have to make him feel."

Slowly, Celeste processed the words of the woman. She wanted her to help Narelle. That was a good thing and Celeste took this as a sign that the woman was completely harmless.

Wait.... She said son.

"You're the Moon Goddess?" Celeste spoke more like a statement realizing the whole reason behind the visit. "You're Narelle's mother."

The woman smiled at the young girl's sudden realization. She was very sweet as Narelle had mentioned. Innocent and pure at heart. Of course she already knew this since she was the Moon Goddess and she knows everything when it came on to love. Still, she still listened to her son ramble on about the young lady every now and again.

"I have to go now Celeste. Remember you are the only one that can help Narelle. Give him your love and care in order to break the curse when the time comes."

When the time comes? What did she mean by that?

"Wait I want to-"

The woman vanished right before Celeste could complete her sentence and the room went back to blackness.

'What will I do?' Celeste thought. 'How will I help Narelle if I don't  know when to help him?'