31

this song so sad. I cry T^T

Jungkook slowly trace his thumb on the photo in his hand, small smile spread on his face. The memories start playing in his head like a rolling film. Each of it. Some brought happiness while the other half- pain. He opened one of the letter in the box. It still smell same like that time. Tears started to form.

" Jungkook? "

He jolted and quickly put the letter back to it own place, blinking many times to prevent the tears from rolling down. He turned around to see Nana peck her head from the door and slowly pushed the door with her elbow. Jungkook furrowed his brows confused, seeing a tray of food in her hand.

Nana seems like understood from his expression- " you skip your dinner and eomma looks worry. " she mumbled the last words. " I'm not hungry. " he turned to tidy up the photos into box and placed it on the shelf.

Then, a small arms wrapping around his waist, resting her head on his back. Jungkook frozed there and didn't move an inche. " you okay? " Nana softly asked him.

" Yeah.. " He lied.

" You can talk to me you know... I'm here for you. " Nana circling her finger on his hard stomach make Jungkook soft and calm instantly. He turned to face Nana and kissed on top of her head. He gently grabbed her upper arms, lead her to sit on bed.

" I want to tell you something. I know it sounds ridiculous but huh... " he said while fiddeling his own fingers. Nana took his hands into hers to comfort Jungkook. She nodded to let Jungkook started his story.

" Before I meet you, I fall in love with this one girl, Reen. She's pretty, graceful, funny and sweet... I still remember the first time we met, she looks so shy when I smile to her.. We become friends then one day, I realise I have feeling towards her.. I confess to her and she said she feels the same thing like me.. I'm so happy when she accept me as her boyfriend that day.. I loved her so much.. I'm not lying if I said I will give her the entire world. " Jungkook chuckled and tears started to form in his eyes again.

" But... It not last long. " Jungkook tighten his lips into a line to stop him from crying. Nana tighten the grip and patiently waited for him to continue. There was a long paused between the sentences. After Jungkook calmed himself, he continued. " It's our 2years anniversary and we were so young that time but I don't care, I only want her. We even promised to stay with each other forever. " Jungkook sniffed. He hang his head low. Nana didn't inturrepted him.

" Later that night, I never expect that it will be our last day. A drunk person drive car like mad and hit her on the side road. I'm shocked.. She died in front of my own eyes. I'm terrified.. I blamed myself for not protecting her.. I'm the one who should die, not her... " Jungkook started sobbing, tears keep dropping on their joint hands.

" Hey, you don't have to continue if it hurts.. I understand that. " Nana closed the gap between them, gently pulled his head and rest it on her shoulder. Jungkook weakly shooked his head. " No.. I want to finish it. " his voice cracked.

Nana hummed. " Take your time baby.. " she patted his back, comfort him. Jungkook took a deep breathe. " From that day, I don't believe in love anymore. I don't date anyone and keep myself away from girls. I totally close my heart. My life miserable and the boys had a hard time to take care of me. " he paused. " Then I met you. "

He lifted his head to meet eyes with Nana. She looked suprised but didn't say a word. " You're the reason why I start to believe in love again. Maybe I sound weird but.. you brought happiness and hope inside me. My life changed completely after you came. I start to laugh again, eat well. Hyungs like it when I stop shutting myself inside the dark room of mine after school. My eyes only see you, you know. " he sniffed and wiped the tears away. " when you start showing that you like me, I suddenly become terrified. I afraid you will leave me like Reen did. I don't know what to do. That's why I distance myself from you, and you really left.. My life turning upside down after that. I cry every night thinking of you. I even fly there to find you but no. I see you nowhere. I lose hope. My heart really broke that time because of my own stupidity. "

" God finally answer my prayer. He bring you back to me. I'm so glad and happy. I feel like my life bright again. " he carressed Nana's soft cheek with his thumb, full of love. " can you promise me one thing? " he said with a cracked voice from crying.

" Hold on. Why you tell me all of this? " she carefully asked.

Jungkook bited his bottom lips. " Because I trust you and I want you to know about my past. I don't want to keep secrets from you. " He gave a sweet smile. He still looks cute with that puffy eyes. Nana gulped and nodded. " Okay. What is it you want to ask me? "

" Don't leave me again. Stay with me. Please? " He said with hope in his eyes. Nana hesitantly said yes. She having a hard time to decide between her mission or her beloved one.

Well, screwed the mission!

" I promise. I wont leave you alone. " she thrown herself into Jungkook's arm, smiled from ear to ear. Jungkook feel so relieved after hear that. He kiss her lips with love and tender. They both drown into their own world.

______________________

Late update. I know, I'm sorry. BTS new song, The Truth Untold inspired me to write this chapter. Their songs are lit and Jungkook's abs too omg! I can't choose which one is my favourite track. All of them are good. How about you guys?

Thanks for still supporting me and this book. I dont know if anyone still follow this book of not but if you do, thank you so much. I really really appreciated it. Enjoy 💚