Part 14

Small summary of this story:

Manik and Nandini met in Manik's House when Nandini came as a care taker for Manik's Nanu.
Both of them got attracted towards each other in spite of avoiding the pull towards each other.
Eventually they fell in love. They went to Mangalore for Amms birthday where Nanu asked Nandini's hand in marriage for Manik.
Everyone was happy with the proposal except Nandini's grandmother Amms.

Read further to know Amms reasons and Nandini's reaction.

Part 14

"But why Amms. Why am I not going to Mumbai."  She asked while walking behind Amms.

Amms went inside her room avoiding Nandini's question.

"Boliye na Amms, Main kyun nahi jaa sakti Mumbai..." she asked again entering her room after Amms.

"I'm not answering any of your question..." Amms answers in a rude way.

"But Amms aaj tak aapne mujhe kabhi bhi kahin bhi jaane se nahin roka. Phir why today..." hearing both Amms and Nandini's argument Navya and Cabir came in the hall.

Cabir was expecting this encounter between Amms and Nandini. He was afraid of Nandini's breakdown.

"Maine kaha na. Mujhe tumhe koi jawaab nahi dena hai. Jaao apne kamre mein aur fresh ho jaao..." Amms said in a strong tone.

"Nahi Amms I will not go without knowing the reason. Why can't I go to Mumbai. She turned to her father who followed them in the room. "Appa Aap bataiye na. Manik kyun aise chale Gaye. Kuch hua hai kya Aap logon ke beech. Amms! " she walked to Amms again and asked her holding her shoulders.
"Amms kya aapne kuch kaha hai Manik se..."

Amms didn't answer this time. Nandini's father came closer to her and said.

"Nandini, kanna. You go and get fresh. I promise you I will make sure you go to Mumbai tomorrow. Trust me..." Vishnu assures her. But Nandini was not budging from there.

She wanted to know the reason why Manik left in a hurry. Amms silence is making her suspicion confirm that there's something not right here.

"Nandu... I told you na. I will make sure you goes to Mumbai. Now go to your room. " for Vishnu his daughters happiness is more important than any goal or mission or career.

Nandini takes a look at Amms and her father. She walked slowly out of the room. Navya stopped her in the doorway.

"Tum theek ho.." she asked very softly that no one heard her except Nandini.

"Maine aapse kaha tha Amma. Aap Nandini ki khushiyon ke saath bahut bada khel khel rahi hai. Nandini ke liye uska goal jitna important hai. Utna hi Manik ka saath zaroori hai..." both Nandini and Navya turned on the voice of their father and felt silent looking at each other with surprise.

It was a shocker for them. What was their father talking about. Nandini didn't have a clue about Amms and Manik's conversation.

"Nandini aapko apna role model manti hai. Usne aapse hi sab kuch seekha hai. Agar usse pata chala ki apne Manik ko uski zindagi se jaane ke liye kaha hai tou woh toot jaayegi..." Vishnu and Amms didn't know that Nandini is listening to their conversation.

'Amms ne Manik ko jaane ke liye kaha... Per kyun. Manik ne kya kiya hai...' Nandini's mind started working now.

Amms also got stunned. How come Vishnu knows that she asked Manik to leave.
"Yehhh Tummm  kya keh rahe ho. I didn't asked Manik to leave..." Amms voice mumble and she point blankly denied on his face.