Chapter 20: The Last Battle

A/N: Well, here's the last chapter before the epilogue! This chapter was written by Chrystal (polaroidxirwin on Tumblr) and the epilogue will be our last split chapter before the story ends. After this story it's onto our next story which we hope you guys enjoy as well! As usual, enjoy the chapter! 

Chrystal's A/N: Hi guys! So I know I never really make Author Notes but I just wanted to thank all of you for the support on this story! I’ve had such a fun time writing it! I’m sad it’s coming to an end but I’m also excited for what we have planned! I love you guys :D x

Chapter 20: The Last Battle

Ever since JJ had confessed about being Luke’s twin, they have been inseparable. They have spent every waking moment together, trying to catch up what has been lost for seventeen years. Chrystal has occasionally come up to me angry at how JJ has stolen her boyfriend, and how she never sees him anymore, which I find slightly funny.

Yet in between all of everything, we have all been preparing for the battle that is to come. We’re not sure when we will get attacked, but when we are, we’ll be ready.

Including to everything, I basically live in Calum’s home now. I very rarely see my dad, but he’s been seeing this woman for a few weeks and she is really pretty and funny. I’m really happy to see my dad moving on from the divorce. He truly does deserve to be happy.

Today was a day like any other. All of us, including JJ, were sitting in the living room watching some t.v. together, laughing at a witty one liner, when suddenly JJ stops laughing abruptly.

“They’re here.” She whispered before standing quickly. We did as she did and walked to the backyard of the house. There, we saw a few people lined up shoulder-to-shoulder. Some of them were the same people from the last battle, others new.

Yet they were all doing the same thing- looking at me with disgust. They all transformed into a wolf, and growled to taunt us and let us know that were ready for a battle. We, too, changed into our wolf selves.

I haven’t changed into a wolf form since the night Calum and I mated. So being like this felt odd, even though I felt very strong and ready to fight.

Without a warning, a black wolf came charging towards me. Calum stepped in front of me quickly, and suddenly we were all attacking one another. I had to fight a small white wolf who didn’t put up much of a fight. I helped out Chrystal and Hannah who were being attacked by two huge wolves. Then we helped out Alyssa and JJ take down a few others. The guys were helping each other, but suddenly I heard a loud, painful howl. My heart hurt instantly, and that’s how I knew Calum had been hurt. My pain instantly turned into rage as I ran as fast as I could towards him. I jumped on the wolf who was on top of Calum, who was now into his human self with a huge gash on his arm. I bit at the wolf and clawed, until Michael came and ended him. Once dead, everybody else whimpered and scurried off.

“That was their leader.” JJ told us once they were all gone.

“Calum!” I cried, running to his side, already in my regular self. I heard him chuckle softly with his eyes barely open, “I’m fine, darling. I promise, just get me to Austin.”

Austin was the guy who cured me when I had gotten hurt in the first battle. But as Calum requested, we helped him up, and took him to see him Austin.

****

Calum was healthy as ever a few days after the battle. The pack was happy as could be knowing they had won the fight. JJ ended joining us officially and finally getting along with me. She even apologized for the scar she left.

But in all honesty, I’m quite happy with the way my life turned out.