Chapter 11: Trouble Awakens

A/N: Another chapter! Whoop whoop! Sorry this one wasn't on Saturday but like I said in the last chapter, this one was a split between me and Chrystal (polaroidxirwin on Tumblr) so it would of taken a lot longer. Anyway, as always, we hope you like the chapter! Enjoy! :)

Chapter 11: Trouble Awakens

I lay in bed thinking of the events that's happened these past few days. It's been so eventful and not to mention a lot of information. So far I've learned that I am someone's mate; that someone is a werewolf; vampires exist; my backyard is the hangout of mystical creatures; and that my dad and I never see each other. I thought that by moving away together we would be able to bond more and have it like the movies where the dad is always there for his daughter, but it's not like that now. I haven't seen my dad in a while, well I mean I have seen him, but I haven't had a full conversation with him for a long time now. I miss him but ironically he isn't home now. He said he had a meeting to go to for his work and if he isn't home by dinner to just make myself something.

I haven't spoken to Calum since last night and I still haven't thanked the guys for protecting me from JJ. Well, I mean aren't they like my family? Or will they be? This whole thing still has me a bit confused, but only with small details. I know that they will become clear soon and I'm willing to wait for it.

The wall clock that is hanging on the wall was ticking away and I felt as if I was going mad just listening to it. The house was so quiet and I had nothing better to do than to listen to it, but I'm going mad. I grabbed the car keys off the hook by the door and got inside my dad's car. A worker of his gave him a ride to his meeting, leaving the car all to me. I reversed out the drive way and began my way towards town.

I didn't really know where I was heading until I was there: the park. For some odd reason, the park has always been my thinking place. It was just so nice to be alone for awhile and think while watching the little kids play in the playground. It made me feel like a little kid again just by being there.

I immediately knew where my spot was going to be when I saw it: underneath the tree that was up the hill, viewing the whole park. It was perfect! I didn't want to seem like a little kid on Christmas morning and not a teenage girl, so I just calmly walked up the hill and took my spot. Then I started thinking. I thought back to the time when my parents said they were getting divorced (that was when my life really started to crumble). I thought back to the dream I had before I moved here. I thought about everything and, somehow, it still managed to not make sense to me.

*****

A snap of a twig woke me up causing me to jolt up. Wait, I fell asleep? Since when? I must of been thinking too hard when I fell asleep that I didn't even realize it. I started to stretch when I heard another twig snap.

"H-hello? Who's there?" I asked while standing and stuttering slightly. I really need to stop asking that question and just run when I hear something out of the ordinary. So that's what I did. I didn't wait to get a reply and I really didn't want one. I just ran back to my dad's car without looking back and took off to my house where I found the front door wide open.

I quickly put the car in park and walked inside to find the house was trashed. The curtains were ripped, the furniture was knocked over, and glass covered the floor from the picture frames being broken. It didn't even look (or feel) like home anymore. Hell, I felt more at home when I was hanging with Calum and his pack then I did here. Calum. I whipped out my phone and dialed his number. He answered within the first ring.

"Hello? Amanda? Is something wrong?" he asked worriedly.

"Everything's fine for now, but someone broke into my house Calum. Everything is broken," I whispered into the phone incase the intruder was still in the house.

"What? What do you mean someone broke into your house?"

"I mean exactly that. When I got home the door was wide open, the curtains were ripped, the furniture flipped over, and there was glass everywhere from the picture frames being broken."

"Shit. Okay, stay where you are. If you hear anything out of the ordinary, run up to your room and hide. I don't care where you hide, just hide. Can you do that?"

Calum was beginning to scare me with the way he's talking. "Calum? What's going on? Why do I need to hide?"

"Just do it! Please? You really don't want to find out what happens to a werewolf if he or she loses their mate and I don't want you getting hurt or else I will go on a rampage."

My eyes widened at his words and I nodded even though he couldn't see me. Just then I heard a noise coming from towards the back of the house. Following Calum's instructions, I ran upstairs and into my bedroom, hiding in my closet. I know it was a typical place to hide but it was the only place I could think of at the moment. Who was in my house, though?