Chapter 7: How Is This Possible?

A/N: Here it is guys! The new chapter is out! This chapter was written by my co-owner Chrystal (aka polaroidxirwin on tumblr) and I say she did a great job! Don't you guys think? She's sorry it's so short but I think it's just fine! Anyway, enjoy! :)

Chapter 7: How Is This Possible?

“Those don’t exist.” I told him as I tried to sit up. It was almost impossible since everything hurt.

“Yes they are. I’m one of them, and so is my family.” Calum kept his hand on my forehead, his thumb moving in comforting circles. I remembered all his friends that I met the other day, his “family”.

How are they real? They’re myths! It’s not possible for them to be real, it’s something I’d have to see to believe.

“Do you not believe me?” He asked, sounding genuinely hurt and I felt like a horrible person.

“No.. Well yes. It’s just not very believable. I thought you guys lost control around people and ate them. And I thought they were ugly, not attractive like you.” The last part slipped out and my cheeks instantly turned red, but it definitely brought a smile to his face.

“I mean-uhm-“

“It’s fine, Amanda.” He chuckled, “you should probably sleep though, how about I walk you back to your house?”

“That’d be great.”

And that’s what we did. Calum helped me to my feet and slowly led me back to my house.

We stood in the backyard for a few minutes with an awkward silence lingering.

“Thank you.” I finally said to him.

“It’s no problem. It’s my job, sorta.” His smile made me smile and we were kind of smiling at each other for no reason.

“Well, I should go. Thanks again, Cal.” Calum saluted in my way, gave me a wink, and jogged away into the woods.

***

I woke up again in my room. It was dark and I assumed it was early in the morning, like three in the morning. My headache was completely gone but the confusion still remains.

Werewolves aren’t real, I learned that long ago. How can they be real? How were they made? Are they born this way?

So many questions with nobody to ask. Not yet at least. I feel like if I were to ask Calum now it just may offended him.

But I need answers, and I’ll need them soon.

But for now I just know I moved to a place that mythical creatures may exist.