Chapter 17: Why Is Calum Acting Weird?

A/N: Here's another chapter for you guys that was written by both me and Chrystal (aka polaroidxirwin on tumblr). This chapter mentions the "mating" that werewolves go through to feel completely connected so if you are not comfortable with the mentions of sex then I suggest you don't read the next two chapters. If you are then keep reading! Enjoy :)

Chapter 17: Why Is Calum Acting Weird?

A month has passed since the battle between the packs and I was finally healed to the point where Calum has stopped worrying about me. I do have a scar on my leg, though, so I'm a little self-conscious about it. It wasn't just a little scar. When JJ had stabbed me, she dragged it to the right just a little bit. It wasn't small, but it wasn't big either. But it was still a scar.

I didn't want Calum to see my scar even though he calls it a battle scar. I couldn't help but notice how he was acting weird lately, though. It seemed like he had to restrain himself every time we kissed and I didn't want him to. I knew how werewolves needed to have sex with their mate in order for them to have the full connection and yet he still hasn't made a move.

"Hey Ashton? Can I ask you something?" I ask the blond boy a bit nervously.

"Yeah sure! What is it Amanda?" He replied back, a dimpled smile on his face.

"Aren't werewolves suppose to have sex with their mate to have closure?"

"Not necessarily. When a werewolf has sex with their mate it only brings them closer. Like how you and Calum are attached to the hip now and can feel each other's emotions? Well, when you have sex you'll be able to tell when the other is in trouble and send each other mind messages. Why do you ask?"

I sighed before answering his question. "It's just that Calum seems to tense up around me, especially when things are um getting heated and I was wondering if you knew why he was acting like this?"

"All werewolves are scared to get intimate with their mates no matter how much they want to. It's basically their first time and they want to get it right so they tend to make it special for their significant other. This most likely being the male doing so."

"So he's trying to make the night special for me? That's why he's acting weird?"

"Pretty much."

To say I was ecstatic with Ashton's explanation was an understatement. I was over the moon with joy and just overall happiness. I still didn't know when the time would come for us to become one but I didn't care as long as it was with Calum. For him, it was worth the wait.

******

I waited for Calum to return home to confront him about all of this. I knew that this may be his first time and honestly, it’s mine too. And like any other girl, I would love for it to be as romantic as possible, with lots of candles and dimmed lights, but now that I’m here, actually pondering over it. I realize that I don’t want any of that. I just want Calum and him just being there and being with him is special enough.

My thoughts were cut short when I heard Calum’s voice from the door.

“Batman is so much better!” He exclaimed, obviously continuing his prior conversation with Michael.

“Whatever, mate.” Michael scoffed before walking off. Calum smiled as he walked over to me and gave my forehead a sweet kiss.

“How was your day?” He asked sweetly before stepping into the kitchen. He opened the fridge and rummaged it for a while whilst I sat on the counter.

“Good, learned a few things. Yours?”

“It was nice. Oh, and by the way I have all the work you have to make up from school. It’s a pretty huge stack.” He said once he got his head out from the fridge. I simply hummed in response as I watched him.

I watched as he smiled at me, how his eyes twinkled ever so softly and the way his hair was very messy, probably from running his hand through it so much.

“Why are you staring at me, you creep.” He giggled, like actually giggled.

“Nothing, it’s just..” I sighed and got down from the counter, “Ashton told me more about the whole ‘mating’ thing and how you want it to be special.” Calum’s cheeks turned very red and he became very flushed.

“I just want you to know that I don’t want anything special. My first time is special enough being with you, I don’t want you to do something extravagant.” I stood in front of him, craning my head up just a bit to look him properly in the eyes. He wasn’t much taller than me, but he was a few inches taller.

“But, that’s not how it works! It’s suppose to be special.” He whined

“And it will be! Because it’s you.”

He huffed and pouted like a child, mumbling grumpily under his breath.

“I had something planned.” He whined again. I giggled softly and wrapped my arms around the back of his neck.

“I’m not saying not to do anything, just don’t go crazy, Cal.” I gave his lips a soft peck, and then another, and then another until it was a proper kiss, which then turned into a make out session.

“HEY! NO MAKING OUT IN THE KITCHEN!” Ashton yelled. I jumped back and turned to him, seeing him covering his eyes.

“My eyes! Oh God I can never unsee that!” He cried. Calum and I laughed at his idiocy but left the kitchen and walked into his room, where we could exchange many passionate kisses without getting interrupted.