Part 25

Maura's POV.

Jane and I walked into the squad room. I was trying not to make my ring too noticeable. I can't believe Jane and I are getting married. "Hey Jane, doc we've got a case." Frost said. Jane and I got our stuff then went to the crime scene. We pulled out our latex gloves. "Jane put the rings in your pocket."

"Ok." I took mine off and handed it to Jane. She put our rings in her pocket. Jane took my hand and helped me down the steep rocky slope. I chose the wrong shoes. 4in heels do not really go well with rocks. Then I tripped, but Jane grabbed my waist and caught me. "Thank you." I breathed as she pulled me into her chest. "Take your shoes off to go down the hill." I slipped off my heels and held them as I walked down the hill. We got to the body and and put my heels back on I crouched down over the dead woman. "Jack and Jill almost fell down the hill over there." Frost chuckled. "Funny, very funny Frost." Jane said sounding a bit annoyed. "You know I think Jane would be Jack. Don't you Frost?"

"Why am I the guy!" Jane fussed. I smiled a little. "Because...you just...."

"Do you need prof?" Jane said. "I don't." I snickered looking up at her. Frost and Korsak started to laugh and Jane kicked my butt playfully. "Owe." I examined the body for about 5 more minuets and ruled it a suspicious death then I stood back up. "I don't see Jane as a man. She's actually more girly than you think."

"Oh really...."

"Maur...." Jane hissed.

"How is she girly?" Frost asked. "Well....she giggles a lot, she baby talks to her turtle-" Jane covered my mouth with her hand. "We'll meet you back at the station." she said. I licked her hand and she squirmed. "Gross Maura."

"I've done worse." I said smirking. Korsak and Frost had the funniest look on there face when I said that. We walked back up to the car and Jane scowled at me. I giggled and crawled in the car. I leaned over and kissed her. "Here's your ring." she said sliding my ring on my finger. "Thank you." I purred. Jane put on her ring then rested her hand on my thigh. I smiled. We got to BPD and I went down to my office. I sat at my desk and pulled out the receipt from Jereds. Carly Simons~(253) 376-9540. I called the BCU administrator. "Hello Jeremy this is Dr. Isles. I was wondering if I could see one of your students files...her name is Carly Simons...I'm looking for an intern and I think she would be a good candidate...well that's fantastic. I'll send you my answer after I read her file...thanks Jeremy." I hung up then went to my email. I pulled up the email Jeremy sent me.

Carly Marie Simons

Born: 6/2/93

Age:21

Personal essay:

My mother was a prostitute, I am the product of one of her customers. I ran away from home when I was 8, I went into foster care and met my adoptive parents. Their names are Eric and Marsha Simons. When I was 10 my birth mother tried to fight for me in custody court wen she found out where I was. I was given the choice of where I wanted to stay. So I stayed with the Simons. When in got into middle school I was bullied a lot. I started cutting, but my parents helped me and took me to counseling. I stopped cutting when I was in 8th grade and started to volunteer with the suicide prevention project. When I got to highs school I buckled down and started to try in school. I graduated top of my class with 15 schooler ship offers. I took BCU. When I was 19 I went to a party, someone spiked my drink and I was raped. I now have a 2 year old daughter named Sarah. She means the world to me, even though she's the product of my rape, she's still the center of my universe. I have had a tough life but it has all been worth it. I now work at Jared's Jewelry Store to pay my bills. I hope to one day become a Doctor like my role model, Dr. Maura Isles. She was my motivation to live through high school because I knew it would all be worth it someday.

A tear slipped down my cheek and fell onto the keyboard. I called Jeremy again. "I would like to have Carly here in my office tomorrow at noon. She's got the internship...no thank you Jeremy."