Part 4

Next morning

Maura's POV.

7:00am

I woke up with Jane laying on me. She was squishing me. "Jane get off" I tired I push her off but she had a tight hold on my torso. "Jane!" I poked her in the side as she slowly woke up. "Five more minuets Ma" she mumbled snuggling into my chest . "Jane wake up" I said shaking her. She opened her eyes and looked up at me then noticed her position and jumped away. "Thank you" I said stretching. Jane blushed and started to laugh. "Was I like that when you woke up?". "Yes and I couldn't get you off because you were holding me so tight" I said. "Oh sorry". She stretched he arms over her head and yawned. "Anymore night mares after that one" I asked. "No. Thank you for helping Maura" Jane said. We hugged each other. "Your welcome Jane". Then the door opened and Angela walked in. "Morning girls" Angela said. We pulled away from the hug as smiled. "Morning ma". Jane looked back at me and smiled. "Thanks Maura". "Your welcome Jane". Angela went to make coffee and Jane got up from bed. She slipped of her shirt. "What are you doing Jane" I asked. "Changing clothes". "You don't want to go into the bathroom". "Maura we have been best friends for 4 years and you have seen me change in the car. I don't care". "Ok" I shrugged. We got dressed and went to BPD. When I walked

In with Jane my heel caught the step and my ankle rolled. Jane grabbed my hand before I fell. "Argh" I groaned. "Maura are you ok". "No. My ankle". "Ok well let's get you to your office so you can ice it". Jane helped me down to my office and sat me in my chair. "I am going to call in Dr Pike. I am not going to be able to work on this foot". "Oh goody" she said sarcastically. "Will you get me a bag of ice". "Yeah yeah sure" she went and got me some ice. Jane sat my foot up and put the ice on it. "Thanks Jane". I grabbed my phone and dialed Dr.Pike. "Dr.Pike" he answered. "Yes Dr.Pike, this is Dr.Isles. I have sprained my ankle and will not be able to work on it for a few days". "I suppose I can come and fill in. I can be there in 20 minuets". "Thank you Dr.Pike". "So are you good here?" Jane asked. "Yeah I am fine. Go work on the case". Jane left and 20 minuets later doctor Pike walked through my door. "Hello Dr.Pike". "Hello Dr.Isles. It is unfortunate that you chose to wear the wrong shoes to work" he said in his usual snarky tone. "This is actually the first time I have had a mishap with my heels for your information. Now to business. The body you will be performing the autopsy on is in the freezer 146. I would like you report when you are done. I will be doing some computer work". Pike nodded and went into the morgue. Jane walked in 30 minuets later. "Hey how's Pike". "Usual. Jane can you help me up". Jane took my hand and pulled me up from my chair. I hobbled into the morgue. I sat on the metal slab behind doctor Pike. "Hello Det.Rizzoli" he said to Jane. "Hello Dr.Pike". Jane came and sat next to me on the table. Janes phone rang. "Yea I'll be there in a minuet" she said hanging up. "What is it" I asked. "Korsaks got a lead". "Ok". Jane left and I laid back on the table. "Dr.Isles you should be icing your foot" Pike said. "Oh". I sat up. "Here I will get it" Pike said. "Oh...thank you Dr.Pike" I said a little surprised. Pike went into my office and came out with the bag of ice. "Thank you" I said putting it on my ankle. "You are welcome". I laid back on the table and fell asleep accidentally. "Dr.Isles" I heard Pike. I shot up and looked at him. "I must have fallen asleep" I said. "Here is my report". I read his report. "Dr.Pike you did not get DNA from under her nails". "I did not think it was necessary. The cause of death was obvious". "Dr.Pike you need to get the body back". I saw disappointment in his eyes. "Yes Doctor". Pike called the body back and dug out what was under her finger nails. Pike put the body away and brought over the samples. "You were right doctor. There is skin. I will put in my report that you discovered it" he said with a disappointed tone. "No Dr.Pike. You can add it to your file. But it was...very sweet of you to offer that". "Are you sure". "Yes. You can take credit". Dr.Pike cupped my face and kissed me. I was completely shocked. Pike pulled away "thank you thank you" he said then he walked out. I laid back practically in shock and put my hands on my face.

Janes POV.

I walked back into the morgue and saw Maura laying on the table who her hand on her mouth. "What are you doing" I asked. She sat up and took her hand of her mouth. "Dr.Pike kissed me" she said. I started to laughed. "Jane it is not funny". "It is. Unless you liked it". Maura looked at me guiltily. "Please tell me you didn't like it". "I mean not necessarily. But is is be to be noticed. The thing I feel guilty about is...I think Pike likes me likes me".