Part 16

Janes POV
One week later.
I walked a sobbing Maura out of custody court. We lost, we didn't get Isaac. His father came for him and won. I walked Maura down to the car and she crawled in. "Jane...." Maura sniffled. "I know Maura, I know. It's not fair, I mean the mother left him to us. There was nothing about a father in the note."
"It isn't fair...."
"We got to attached Maura, we should have been thinking about the possibility of us not getting him. But we didn't and we got attached." Maura nodded. "Now I know how Hope felt....I never want to feel this way again." Maura said quietly. "Well, Maur....you might have to when we decide to have kids." Maura looked at me, with a smiled on her face. "You want to have a baby with me Ms Rizzoli?" she asked. "One day. Yeah I would like to have a baby with you."
"The only thing In worried about in that plan...is who would be the biological mother?"
"It wouldn't matter to me. As long as we are the nurturing patents." Maura smiled, and leaned over and kissed me. "Feel better?"
"A little. But Jane...do you think that we are moving to fast?"
"No. Do you?"
"I mean...we moved in together after two weeks of dating. Now we are talking about becoming parents."
"I could sleep in the guest room if that makes you feel better." I said jokingly.
"No. I like you sleeping next to me, it's just...I don't know. I just don't know how to explain how I'm feeling. And I don't like the feeling of not knowing." I grabbed her hands and held them in mine.
"I think...that people that are truly in love, get this feeling. They second guess themselves because that can't explain the feelings they have for another person. It frustrates them, so they start asking themselves 'are we going to fast?'. But if you are moving this fast and you are asking those questions, that means that you are so in love you can't even fathom, how much that person means to you. Maur, I feel that way about you. I second guess my self all the time, and I can't explain my feelings. I get frustrated too....I think that we are moving at the right speed for us." I said as I squeezed her hand. Maura smiled at me. "You always know what to say to make me feel better." She said smiling brightly. "Now we gotta go break the news to Ma."
"Ugh." We got to BPD and told ma. She took it pretty hard. Maura and I kept getting looks from people. Then Det. Crow came over. "Hey Rizzoli."
"Hey Crow. What do you want?"
"Just wandering if I should keep you away from my daughter, you thinkin about turnin her too. You two doc, turned any women lately." Crow said with a cocky attitude. I was shocked, I can't believe he just said that. Korsak, Frost, Ma, Tommy, and some other detectives were all standing watching us. "Crow that's harassment. And if you don't step back and walk away, I'll press charges."
"Oh I'm so scared, the lesy is gonna press charges." Then all of the sudden Maura punched him in the nose. I put my hand over my mouth and looked at Maura. She looked back at me, she was mad. The people watching us started to clap and I grabbed Maura hand that she punched him with. Her knuckles were turning purple. Crow was lying on the ground groaning. "Get up you sorry piece of crap." Frost said. "Det. Crow I'm pressing charges on you for harassment, also indecency to a police officer and to the chief medical examiner of the commonwealth of Massachusetts." Maura said. "And I will warn you, I have the best lawyers in the state." I smiled at Maura and kissed her swollen knuckles. "Let's get you some ice." I said leading her to the elevator. Maura smiled and hugged my arm. I got Maura down to her office and put some ice on her hand. Maura gestured for me to sit in her lap and I smirked. "I don't want to hurt you." I said jokingly. She smirked at me and I walked over and sat on her thighs. I put my arms around her neck. "So what was it like punching Crow?" I asked her. "Fun." I laughed. "I've always wanted to bust up his face." I said. Maura giggled and rested her head against my side. I took her hand out from under the ice bag. "Does that hurt." I stroked my fingertips over the bruise. "Ouch! yes it does."
"Sorry...."
"It's ok sweetie." I looked at her and smiled. Maura and I sat like that for hours. We were both trying to forget our morning. I still can't believe we lost him....