Part 22

Maura's POV

"Maura....Carly is not some slut that I've been cheating on you with, she works at the Jared's jewelry place. I'm not cheating on you. I called her because I forgot to tell her I need one more thing. It's suppose to be ready in 3 days." I sat there, feeling really stupid. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her. "I'm sorry Jane...I feel really stupid."

"Don't. Now that I think about it, the phone call did sound a little sketchy."

"Why did you call her doll though?"

"Because she's gay and I was hoping I could get a better price by flirting with her." I laughed and nudged my nose into her neck. "It was so cold in here last night with out you next to me." I mumbled. "I know. It was freezing in our room."

"So what were you getting at the store?"

"I was getting a new necklace and earrings for ma. For her birthday." Jane said. "Oh...." I was hoping she was getting an engagement ring. But that's a crazy. She's not ready to get married yet.

Janes POV.

Whoa that was close. She almost found out. I hope she's surprised. And I really hope she says yes. Maura kissed my neck then pulled away to look at me. She had tears on her cheek so I wiped them. She placed her hand over the one I had on her cheek. "I'm so sorry." She said. "So am I." Maura kissed me again and pulled me on top of her. I giggled and rolled off of her. "Can I make breakfast for you?" Maura asked. "You don't have to do that Maur."

"But I want too." Maura got up and walked out towards the kitchen. Then ma walked in the guest room. "So your getting me new jewelry." I grumbled and got up then shut the door behind he. I leaned closer to her ear and whispered "No, I'm proposing to Maura this weekend. I'm getting her engagement ring and our wedding rings made. If she said yes. If she doesn't I can just pawn the rings."

Ma wrapped her arms around me. "That's great Jane." she cheered. "Shh...I want her to be surprised. "Ok. I'm a vault."

"You better be" I warned. She nodded and we walked out to the kitchen. Maura was making eggs and bacon at the stove. I went up behind her and kissed her neck. Maura giggled and turned to look at me. She kissed my lips then went back to the stove. "Is that tofu bacon or really bacon." "It's real Janie." She giggled. "Good." I slipped my hands in the back pockets of her sweatpants. Maura purred with a smiled on her face. I love this woman so much.