Damn it.

"Do I know you from somewhere? You look very familiar." Nathan said narrowing his eyes he noticed my hand on my eye and raised an eyebrow." Are you okay?" He added and I just nodded and tried to walk off.

"Is there a reason you aren't talking?" He asked me and I bit my lip, shaking my head. His eyes followed the movement before they widened suddenly. He looked at me carefully, his gaze holding curiosity. " What are you doing here, Claire? In an all boys school?" 

"Hey, Nathan," I said giving him an awkward wave before looking around to make sure no one to close to hear our conversation. I sent him a sheepish smile as I pulled him to the side of the hall.

"What the hell are you doing here dressed as a guy!" He exclaimed quietly and I didn't respond, not sure if I should just jump into the explanation. He removed my hand from my eye and frowned, a worried look replacing his look of amusement.

"Oh, Claire-bear, what happened?" He asked running his finger along the side of my bruised eye making me wince a little. He immediately removed his hand away, seeing my flinch from the contact.

"I pissed my roommate off," I told him and he shook his head a lazy smile playing on his face, yet his eyes still held worry.

"Of course, you did. Let's get you to the school nurse and on the way, you can explain to me why you're here and dressed as a guy." He said looking at me, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Well, it started with my mom," I said before explaining the whole story, by the end, he was laughing so hard he had to kneel over his hands on his knees due to the fact that 'it was a classical Claire's mom thing'. His words, not mine.

"Don't laugh." I hissed and he stood up straight, wiping the small tears of laughter out or his eyes. I lightly touched my eye and Nathan's laughter disappeared as he grabbed my hand a, sudden n intense look on his face.

"What happened to your hand?" He asked me and I scowled.

"He 'accidentally stepped on my hand. " I made quotation marks with my fingers and Nathan's fists clenched.

" My fist is going to accidentally connect with his face." He said and I nodded.

" You can't tell anyone about this, Nathan," I said making him promise not to tell.

"You can trust me, Claire-bear. But punching you and trying to basically break your fingers is too far. Don't put up with his shit." He whispered to me before we headed inside and I only nodded. Honestly, you can't get better friends than Nathan and Mia.

"Oh, my what happened?" The nurse asked rushing over to me.

"I ran into a door." I lied, for some reason, I felt like I would get in big trouble if I told her it was Caiden and I don't mean in trouble with the teacher I mean in trouble with him.

" You don't have to lie to me." She said with a small frown ushering me to the bed. " What's your name?"

"Jason Lockwood," I told her and she nodded typing it on the computer. "Do you have any headaches and how bad is the pain on a one to ten scale? One - you feel like you're on cloud nine. Ten- you feel like you're dying." I stared at her for a second. What she serious? Why would I be here if I felt like I was on cloud nine?

"No and a five," I responded flatly.

"Okay, you're over 18 correct?" She asked and I nodded she looked at the sheet to double check." I give you some ibuprofen and an ice pack." She handed me a couple of pills and a glass of water before turning around to get an ice pack.