Halloween Birthday

Start from the beginning

I relax as the contraction ends, "What makes you think something is wrong?"

He gestures to my forehead, "Your sweating, and you made my favorite meal. You only ever make my favorite meal when something is bothering you."

I push the half-eaten plate over to him, "Sit down, and I'll tell you if you promise to be calm."

He does, and finishes the chicken parmesan in a few bites. He then look at me, "Spill. I promise that I'll be calm."

I swipe at the sweat on my forehead, "I'm in labor."

Anthony blinks a few times as he processes what just came out of my mouth. He raises an eyebrow, "How long?"

"Let's see. You left an hour ago, so about an hour. If not a little longer because I was having back pain on and off," I answer.

He nods, "How far apart are your contractions?"

I sigh, "I've only had two so far, and 30 minutes apart."

He shifts in his chair, "So. Should we go? Or what?"

I nod with a smile at his awkwardness, "We should go. Twins. Lots of things can go wrong."

Anthony shakes his head, "Don't think like that."

I lean back, "Trying not to."

Anthony helps me up, "Let's go."

I whistle, and Wrigley comes running. He begins to nudge me, and I smile, "I know. I know. Babies are coming."

He jumps up to nose bump my stomach before following us out to the car. I look at Anthony sadly as Wrigley jumps in the backseat between two car seats, "It sucks that he can't be with me."

Anthony smiles sadly, "Can't risk infection. He'll have fun with your parents."

I nod, "Yeah. You got the bag, right?"

He nods, "In the trunk."

I smile before getting in the car, knowing that we would becoming home with two more family members.
————————————————————
My mom smiles when she's us at the door, "What are y'all doing here?"

Wrigley walks into their house as we stand on the porch, "He wanted to see his grandparents."

She raises an eyebrow, "Why don't Y'all come in for a little bit. You look dead on your feet Samantha."

Anthony and I share a look before we walk inside. Anthony whispers, "We can't stay long."

My mom nods and whispers, "I know. I can tell that she's on the verge of a contraction. Let's her stand for a minute. I always found that standing helped."

I double over and white knuckle the back of the couch as the contraction hits. I let out a very primal sounding growl between my teeth. Anthony gently rubs my back, "Breathe, Sam."

I let out a shakey breath as the contraction dies down, "Hospital. Now."

My mom nods, "Go. Your father and I will come see our grandbabies later. Go now."