Ambulance and a Diagnosis

I wake up with my head in Anthony's lap, and my feet in David's. My body is consumed by pain, and I groan loudly.  Anthony pushes hair out of my face, "How are you feeling? Or I guess a better question is what are you feeling?"

Tears begin streaming down my face from the shear pain. I whisper, "Unbearable pain"

Anthony nods to Kris who pulls out his phone to call what I can only assume to be an ambulance. The room falls into a unsettling silence. However, I feel Anthony lean down and whisper in my ear, "You're gonna be okay. I know you will"

I calm down a little bit, just focus on Anthony's hand lightly rubbing the top of my head. Soon the paramedics swarm the room, and Anthony has to stand back so that they can do their jobs. They take my blood pressure(which was low), they check my eyes(which were dilated), and they checked my motor skills(which were sluggish at best). The paramedics say that I need to be taken to the hospital immediately. Then the female paramedic on my right looks around the room, "So? Which one of you is going in the ambulance with her?"

Anthony immediately steps forward, "I'll go"

The male paramedic on my left nods, "Okay sir! If you'll just follow us"

The paramedics lift me onto a gurney and take me to the ambulance. Anthony sits on the little bench on my right, and grabs my hand. I turn and smile softly at him. He sadly smiles back, but doesn't say anything.

The ambulance ride is silent, except for the paramedics exchanging information with each other. Once we get to the hospital they do test after test. However, Anthony stays with me through them all. After getting a second CT and second MRI they take me to a room to wait for results. I look at Anthony, "I'm gonna be okay right? Cause that was a lot of tests for someone who gonna be 'Okay'"

Anthony sighs, " I admit you may have something seriously wrong with you, but well cross that bridge when we get there"

I roll my eyes, "Thanks!"

Anthony sniggers, "Happy to help!"

We don't get to continue the conversation because the doctor walks in. He has a very solemn look on his face, "We've come to a definitive diagnosis"

I give him a questioning look, "And that would be?"

He sits down in the rolling stool, "You have what we call Fibromyalgia. Now you're a little young to have it, but it can really develop at any time"

I nod, "So? What does that mean?"

The doctor looks at his notes, "Fibromyalgia is defined as widespread pain throughout the body, and exhaustion. There are around 200 possible symptoms, but the widespread pain that you were having is what lead to our diagnosis. That and it's very possible for people with Fibromyalgia to pass out from exhaustion or stress."

I sigh, "is there any medication to help with the symptoms?"

The doctor nods quickly, "I'm gonna write you a prescription for Lyrica. You're gonna take it 2-3 times a day. With or without food, it doesn't matter"

I nod and take the paper that he hands me.

"You're free to go whenever you would like" the doctor says as he walks out of the room

I look over at Anthony with an exhausted look on my face, "Can you take me to Walgreens or something?"

He nods and pulls out his phone. I hear something about Kris bringing his car, but I wasn't really paying attention. Anthony the pulls me off of the little table I was on and into a hug. It take me a few moments process what was happening, but I eventually hug back. We don't say anything, but the hug said more than words ever could. Anthony breaks the hug and leads me out of the hospital. We sit on a little bench by the front, and I lay my head on Anthony's shoulder. He turns his head and kisses the top of my head. We still don't say anything, it's obvious that we are both still processing everything.

After about 15 minuets Kris pulls up in MY Dodge Charger. I suddenly look at Anthony, "How did Kris get the keys to my car?"

He looks at me, "I handed him your stuff when you passed out"

I nod, "oooohhhh Okay! That makes sense"

We walk to the car, and I beat Anthony to the shotgun seat. He laughs, "Hey! It's your car not mine"

I nod, "You're damn skippy it's my car"

He shakes his head fondly and climbs into the back seat, and I sit in the shotgun seat.

Kris looks at me, "So, did they figure out what's wrong?"

I nod sadly, "I apparently have Fibromyalgia"

He looks confused, "Aren't you a little young for that? I mean you can't be older than 25"

Anthony beat me to the punch, "She is young, but the doctor said that it can develop at any point in time"

I smirk, "Also, I'm not twenty five"

Kris just nods, "Okay. I guess that make sense"

"It's complicated" I say with a shrug

Kris points to the road, "Walgreens right?"

I nod slowly, "Yup! Walgreens"

We fall into silence. Once we get to Walgreens I hop out and motion for the guys to stay in the car. I get my prescription, and I walk back out to my car. Anthony whistles, "Well that was quick"

I laugh, "I don't play around in stores"

He nods, and Kris begins driving again. Kris looks at me, "I'm gonna drive to my place, and then give the wheel to you"

I just nod, "Okay! Sounds like a plan"

I look out the window, and before I know it I'm asleep. I then wake up to someone shaking my shoulder. It's Anthony and we are back at Wrigley. I shoot up in the seat, instantly regretting it when my foot hits the console.

"OW! CRAP THAT HURT!" I yell bending down to clutch my foot.

Anthony's eyes widen, "I'm SO sorry for scaring you! Are you okay?"

"It's okay, and yeah I'm fine. Why are we at Wrigley?" I ask confused

"Well I realized that I left my car here, so I was gonna pick it up, and let you drive your car home. You know that way you have it in the morning" Anthony explains

I nod, "Okay! Well I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?!"

Anthony gives me a kiss on the cheek, "You bet! See you tomorrow"

I watch him walk away before moving to the drivers seat. I look at the console and see that it's 10:30pm. OH MY GOD! How long were we at the hospital?! Once I get to the hotel I slowly walk up the two flights of stairs. My legs protesting every step, but I fight through it. Regan is nowhere to be found, but I'm too tired to question it. In fact, I'm so tired that I collapse on the bed, and fall asleep without even changing my clothes.