Definetly the Pain Killers

I wake up, and I'm laying down on the couch. Anthony is nowhere to be found. At least in the living room he is. I notice that my wolf blanket that I left here is tucked around me. Awwwweee! Anthony made sure I was comfy☺️ I push the blanket off, and get into a sitting position. Then, I hear movement in the kitchen, so I get off the couch, and go to investigate. I walk Into the kitchen to see Anthony making some sort of alfredo.  I tip toe(well as best as I can with the boot) over to Anthony,I wrap my arm around his waist, and I lay my head on his back. He jumps a little, but relaxes once he realizes that it's just me.

He looks over his shoulder, "Well hello sleeping beauty!"

I snicker into his back, "Yeah! What are you making?"

"Alfredo" he answers without looking back at me

He worms his way out of my arm, and holds the sodden spoon out to me. It takes a minute for my sleep, and medicine addled brain to realize that he wants me to taste the alfredo. I quickly take the spoon from him. I taste the alfredo, "Mmmmmm, that's good"

Anthony pumps his fist, "Yay! The love of my life approves"

I laugh at his antics, "You're a dork"

He points at me with a smile, "But I'm your dork"

I roll my eyes, "You got me there"

He then played the alfredo, and he hands me mine. I sit down at the kitchen table, and wait for him to sit on my left. He sits down, and we do our routine of dinking our drinks, and forks. We settle into a content silence as we eat. Once I finish I get up, and put my plate in the sink. Then, I blank out a little bit. After, 5 minuets of standing in the middle of the kitchen blanked out I come back. Anthony is standing in front of me, "Are you okay? You kinda zoned out there"

I slowly nod, "Yeah, but I think I'm gonna take half of a hydrocodone tomorrow. Cause taking an entire one is too much"

He nods, "That's probably a good idea. Wouldn't want you falling asleep at the game tomorrow"

I nod, and lead him back over the couch. Anthony picks up the remote, and changes it to ESPN. They were showing highlights from yesterday's game. I shake my head quickly, "Please change the channel! I don't wanna see the Royals win again"

Anthony laughs, and quickly changes it back to Doctor Who, "Sorry!"

I wave him off, "It's Okay, I just don't want to watch it again"

He nods, and pulls me closer to him. I lay my head on his chest, and I wrap my arms around his torso. Anthony taps my shoulder, "You're gonna get to meet my parents soon!"

I lift my head off his chest to look at him, "Really?"

He nods with a smile, "Yeah! We're going to Florida to play the Marlins. Remember?"

My eyes widen,I rush out of his arms, and I jump off the couch, "No! I completely forgot! I have to go pack! Wait....All my stuff is at my house! Ugh!"

Anthony gets off the couch, and puts his hands on my shoulders, "Sam! It's okay! You still have time to get packed. I can take you over to your house right now if you'd like, and I can help you pack"

I calm down, and let my shoulders relax, "That'd be nice"

Anthony nods, "Just let me put shoes on, grab my keys, and we can head over there"

"Okay" I reply with a smile

Anthony disappears to the bedroom for a few minutes, and walks back out with shoes on. I smile,grab my purse, and walk over to the door.
Anthony meets me at the door, and open is for me.

I laugh, "What a gentleman?!"

He shrugs, "I try"

I shake my head, "No trying with you"

He smiles, "I suppose your right"

I nod happily, "When am I not right?"

He shrugs again, "You got me there"

I step off of the porch, and immediately step back on it, "I forgot it's raining!"

Anthony laughs, and reaches behind the front door, "Good thing I keep an umbrella by the door then"

I roll my eyes, but I step closer to him when he open the umbrella. We walk to the car, and step out from under the umbrella to get to the passenger side.

Anthony looks at me, "I find it really funny that you love the rain, but you don't wanna get wet"

I hold up a hand, "First of all, I'm fine with getting wet, but I'm not supposed to get my boot wet"

"Oh yeah" he exclaims in realization

I shake my head in fondness, and look out the window. I watch as building fly by, and the water rolling down the window. Anthony notices my silence, "Are you okay?"

I look at him, and nod, "Yeah. I'm just tired. I'm really starting to hate my pain meds"

He nods, "If you need to sleep, then sleep"

"I know, but I've already slept so much. I don't wanna sleep anymore" I say with a shrug

He gives me a look, "That just means you need it"

I roll my eyes, "I know, but I don't want it!"

Anthony goes silent. Great! Now he's upset with me. Guess I'll sleep now. Ya know try and forget this whole conversation!