Halloween Birthday

Things have gone by fast these past few week. The Cubs have made it to a World Series, I've been imprisoned in Anthony and I's house, and I got my cerclage and pessary removed since I'm full term today. Anthony is a bit on edge right now since he thinks that I'm a ticking time bomb. I roll my eyes as Anthony flutters around me while I fold baby clothes. I grab his ankle, "Stop."

He sits down next to me, "Sorry. I'm just...."

I smile, "Excited? Scared? Worried?"

He nods, "All of the above."

I hide my face in his shoulder as I chuckle. I lift my head up to look at him amusedly, "Im fine, Tony. The twins will come when they're ready. Not before."

He smiles as he picks up a cubs onesie, "I know."

I smirk as I fold a pink onesie with forget me nots on it, "Ya know we haven't picked out middle names yet."

He thinks for a second, "How about Faith for the girl?"

I mumble, "Gemma Faith Rizzo. I love it."

Anthony smiles, "Rizzo?"

I roll my eyes, "I do intend on marrying you one day, you know? It all depends on when you pop the question."

He chuckles, "Soon. Now, what about the boy?"

I laugh, "We could make Kris really happy and go with Lee."

Anthony quickly shakes his head, "Please no. Also, that would make the Bryzzo fandom go nuts."

I shake my head with a shit eating grin, "Maybe not then. How about Micheal?"

He smiles, "Kristopher means to bear Christ, Micheal means one who is like God. Now, who's the Christian?"

I smack his shoulder, "Shut up. Do you like the name or not?"

He kisses my cheek, "I love the names."

I smirk as I peck his lips, "Good."

He pats my knee, "I'm gonna get that other bassinet, okay? I shouldn't be gone too long."

I nod, "Okay. Have fun carrying that to the car."

He walks out of the room after petting Wrigley on his way out. Wrigley set his head back against Kristopher's crib. I continue to fold baby clothes having to stop a few times when pain shoots up my spine. I put the clothes into their respective drawers before deciding on a shower.

The cool water feels nice against my sore back, but my eyes fly open when I feel a pop, and moisture roll down my legs. I quickly shut off the water, and look down to see pink tinged water. I look at the clock, taking note of the time as I rush to dry off and get dress.

I'm walking back to the bedroom to get my hospital bag when I notice that my stomach has dropped low on my hips. Definitely time then. I grab my bag, and go set it next to the front door. I consider calling Anthony, but I know he'll be back soon. I settle for making myself lunch. Might as well eat while I can.

I'm on autopilot as I prepare Anthony's favorite, Chicken Parmesan. I begin to pour marinara sauce over a chicken breast and penne pasta when I feel my first contraction. It's not strong yet, but it's distracting for sure. I bring my plate of chicken parmesan to the kitchen table, and begin to slowly eat. I'm not that hungry, which is a feeling I haven't felt in nine months. I stop after half of my lunch when another contraction begins. I glance at my watch again. 30 minutes apart.

This one is stronger then the last on though, and my eyes clinch shut. I feel sweat bead on my forehead, and I crack an eye open when the front door opens. I wipe the pain off my face quickly as Anthony drags a box with a bassinet in to rest against the kitchen wall. He turns to me with a smile that turns into a frown, "What's wrong?"