25"Ryan's Childhood Friends"

Cyan's POV

It was early in the morning. The ferry had almost docked in Cinnabar port. The sea breeze woke me up, but I didn't mind since I enjoy being by sea. Blaster was sitting on my right shoulder, Bolt was sitting atop my head and Bow, my new Eevee, was sitting on my left shoulder. "Cyan, Emma look over there!" Ryan shouted.

He was pointing at what looked like our destination. It appeared to be a tropical island with a small volcano in the back. The buildings weren't large. They were mostly simple two-floored houses. They looked like they were just the ground floor and the first floor, which is great since this island is kind of like a place to relax. 

"Attention passengers, the S. S. Omastar has now docked. Thank you for traveling with the S. S. Omastar, I hope you had a nice ride" The captain announced through the speakers. While walking out, I asked Ryan a question. "What are we gonna do first?"

"Well, a few buddies of mine are on the island and we're having a little reunion. You guys can meet my friends. They're both great people." Ryan explained. "If you say so..." I muttered, before we continued walking. Soon enough, blinding light covered my vision.

This place was beautiful! It was how any island should be! Calm and peaceful with a soothing atmosphere! I don't care if an island is big or small, I don't care if an island is a tourist attraction or not, they should be peaceful and relaxing places. 

All complaining aside, I really like the look of this place. The first thing we decided to do was visit the pokemon center.  It's pretty much what any trainer does when they arrive someplace new. 

After that, we walked over to a hidden area Ryan wanted to take us to. On the way, I saw an orange figure in the sky. "Guys, I'll catch up in a bit. I saw something interesting." I told my friends. "Alright." "Stay safe"

Narrator's POV

As Cyan ran off, Ryan and Emma continued to walk the path to the meeting spot, according to Ryan. Eventually, they walked through a couple of thorny and prickly bushes and reached a floral beachfront. At that minute, they saw a familiar purple headed boy with blue eyes, freckles and orange and black clothing. Ryan smirked. "Topaz, over here!"

The boy turned around. "Hey Ryan and Emma! What's up?" Daniel Topaz, or Danny as his friends called him, smiled. "Everything's going pretty good!" Ryan smiled at his friend. "Hey Daniel, good to see you again!" Emma smiled. "Wait, where's Cyan?" He asked. "She wanted to check out something around here. Where's Joshy Boy?" "He's coming on Charcoal right now." "Okay"

Meanwhile, at a road not so far away in the island, Cyan was about to check out what that pokemon was. She released her Pidgeot. "Ace, something caught my eye up there. Let's check it out!" She smiled at her pokemon, hoping on its back. The bird pokemon flew up high.

She spotted a large dragon like creature with a teenage boy on its back. The boy had brown hair, dark eyes, a dark turquoise T-shirt, light brown pants and some sneakers. "Hey there! The sky's quite beautiful today, isn't it?" The boy smiled at Cyan. "Hello! It sure is. I'm Cyan and this is my partner Ace. I saw you from the ground and was curious if you wanted to have a sky battle" "Sounds great! I'm Josh, by the way!" He smiled. 'Should be good practice before my first gym battle' He thought.

 "Charcoal, flamethrower" "Ace, aerial ace" The two trainers shouted. The battle wasn't much. No one actually won. Why? The others realized what was going on and were on their way. Eventually, the trainers heard a loud yell. "Glaze/Wigglytuff, use hyper voice!"

A loud screech was heard. It came from a Wigglytuff and a Lapras. The attack was very powerful and caught the two trainers and their pokemon off guard, the trainers accidentally falling millions of miles down. At the sight of what the attack caused, Wigglytuff and Lapras's trainers returned their pokemon. As soon as the winged pokemon heard their trainers' screams, they rushed down to save them.

Fortunately, Ace and Charcoal caught the falling trainers. Cyan hugged Ace and yelled a loud 'Thank you'. She was overwhelmed by emotion at that point. If Ace wouldn't have saved her, she would either be dead or in the hospital and Cyan disliked both possibilities. Josh just told Charcoal that he was great. "I can't believe you guys! My two best friends battling in a format that could get them ridiculously hurt? I'm so disappointed." Ryan yelled.

The brunette and the brunet were baffled. "Ryan, you know this guy/girl?!?" The duo shouted simultaneously. "Calm down. Yes, Cyan, this is my childhood best friend Josh, and Josh, this is my best friend and travelling companion, Cyan" The blond boy explained. "Then who's that?" Josh pointed at Emma. "This is Emma, my other best friend and travelling companion." Ryan explained.

Cyan realized something. "Hey Daniel! Didn't see you there!" The brunette smiled. "Hey Cyan!" The purple headed boy smiled back. "So you all know each other. That's nice. See you later, Stone." Josh waved. After that whole mess, Ryan decided to take the others to his house. He gave them nothing about how the place looked like. Eventually, he spotted a restaurant. "That way!"

After a minute, they were in front of a restaurant called 'Ember Chef'. "We're here!" Ryan exclaimed. "But, this place is a restaurant" Cyan pointed out. "Why do you think I'm so good at cooking?" He raised an eyebrow. "Makes sense." Cyan muttered.

When they walked in, Cyan had the laugh of her life. When they met Ryan's parents, his dad thought that Emma was Ryan's girlfriend. There are no right words to describe how flustered they were. Ryan's dad was similar to his son. They both cooked with the same method. It was very obvious that Ryan was taught by his father. But, Cyan still preferred Ryan's cooking. The blond boy used more sweet ingredients than his father.

Anyways, the three stayed at the Stone family's restaurant's upper floor, also known as the house part. Ryan stayed at his room and his best friends stayed at the Guest's room. It had been a wonderful day for them all.

A/N

Hola everyone! Why am I saying Hello in Spanish? Well, I like the way it sounds more. Also, I only speak English, Greek and French, just so you know.

Whatever. So, you may have picked up on the fact that Josh is Cinnabar Island's gym leader. Why I chose him over Blaine is reasonable. Blaine is an old man. I thought that after he found someone that could fit the position just as well as he did, he would retire. It's my head cannon. Also, Josh is 16. I know he isn't an adult, but hush.

Later~!